Big Island, Hawaii Vacation Packages and Specials
Explore > Big Island Vacations
To receive emails of new travel specials for your favorite destinations, click here
|The Big Island of Hawaii is best known for its volcanoes and lava flows--still active today. It's got a wide range of geographies and climates, from those rocky volcanic flows to sunny beaches on the west coast, to tropical rainforest on the east side.
It's also home to many extravagant and luxurious resorts, and some incredible golf courses.
Most travelers stay on the west coast, in the Kona area, or south near Keahou Bay where the mantas come to feed each night, or up on the northwest beaches in the Waikoloa area.
It's the biggest Hawaiian island, but it's also the youngest. Polynesian explorers from the Marquesas Islands first set foot on this island about 1500 years ago. The Place of Refuge, on the Kona Coast, is a 180 acre compound, with native Hawaiian temple ruins, royal grounds, fish ponds, petroglyphs, and sacred burial spots.
Photo courtesy Jon Haase, a portrait photographer.
How we work with you to plan the perfect trip:
- We'll talk with you to find out what you're looking for, what you like/don't like, etc.
- We'll use our first-hand knowledge of the destination to pick out a handful of resorts we think you'd like
- We'll create a custom mini website for you, with photos, videos, maps, etc. of the resorts we are recommending
- We'll follow up with you to help you make your decision
- We'll go to work with our suppliers to get you the best deal available on what you've decided on.