Zipline And Monkeyland ComboExplore > Dominican Republic > Punta Cana > Zipline And Monkeyland Combo
Can't decide? Do them both!
Designed for people who cannot make up their minds OR those who cannot get enough of a good thing!
Make the most of your time on your Punta Cana vacation by combining this fabulous zipline adventure with all its bells and whistles. That means you will be able to enjoy all 18 platforms and 12 ziplines, including the side-by-side zipline, one of the most unusual ever. Flying over the Dominican jungle will make you speechless. This was the first zipline in Punta Cana and it is certified annually by the ACCT. Before you get started, the expert canopy guides will teach you all you need to know about the course and the equipment in a safety briefing. Any hesitation you might feel before your first 'flight' will disappear once you get moving. The thrill isn't gone but continues, accompanying you with each landing.
You will have a little time for recovery before you move to the next highlight. Before hitting the monkeys, you will make a stop at the Coconut House where you will be introduced to the process of making coconut oil. Sharing the time with Dominican locals will allow you to learn about the way of living in the countryside while tasting the most delicious locally produced coffee and coconut. If you wish, you have the opportunity to enjoy some exotic fruit wedges and coffee beans as well.
Reboard your transportation and move along to Monkeyland, a beautiful 5-acre park and home of two groups of charming and intelligent squirrel monkeys. This is the most unusual part of your day. There are very few sanctuaries devoted just to monkeys and here you will find those adorable creatures ready to star in your show. You will have plenty of time to interact with these fellows. They are completely accustomed to human contact and have been taught by a Canadian couple with 35 years of experience working with animals, including 12 years at the Toronto Zoo, to trust and enjoy the company of humans. Your visit with the monkeys will last about 45 minutes.
Just before you leave you will make a stop at a traditional home and meet the owners. A quick trip to their farm and plantation will round out your understanding of the warmth of the Dominican people.
- Dress comfortably. Closed toe shoes are REQUIRED.
- Bring a camera, a hat, a water bottle, and you might want some money for souvenirs and tips.
- Traveling with children - we recommend bringing some snacks along as well as water.
- Please be advised that people with severe peanut allergies cannot participate in this excursion.
- This tour does not include any food or beverages other than water. You can bring snacks if you wish.
- We recommend this tour for children 6 years and older. They must be 44 lbs in weight and 50 inches in height.
Maximum weight is 280 lb. Waist must be no larger than 44 inches.
- This excursion is not suitable for pregnant women, anyone who has an injured back or recent surgery, heart problems, epilepsy, and balance/dizziness issues.
- You will be expected to sign a waiver.
- PLEASE DO NOT USE SUNSCREEN OR INSECT REPELLENT AS THEY COULD HARM THE MONKEYS .
- PEOPLE WITH PEANUT ALLERGIES CANNOT PARTICIPATE IN THIS TOUR.
- People with colds or infections should not participate in this tour.
- La Romana Resorts: There is an additional transportation fee to be paid directly to driver when staying at any resorts in La Romana or a comparable distance. Please be prepared to pay the driver $15 per person additional for a roundtrip transfer.
Days offered: 7 days a week