Zip Through The Dominican JungleExplore > Dominican Republic > Punta Cana > Zip Through The Dominican Jungle
The dream is to canopy through the jungle like Tarzan - you can do this next to your friend!
The neatest thing about this zipline is not that it has 18 platforms and 12 lines. It is the fact that in one area the lines are parallel so you can zip along side a friend!!!
How unusual to have built the longest zipline run in the country of the Dominican Republic and designed it so two people can be parallel as they race from platform to platform. That is a plus for this extreme zipline park in Punta Cana. It has 18 platforms and 12 zipline runs, some of them a half a mile above the ground. Hopefully you dare to open your eyes and if so, you will see the Dominican jungle and the winding rivers.
The minute you board the open safari-style truck, you can feel that this will be no ordinary day! Taking the scenic route through the countryside means a little bumps and rumbles through the jungle, views of the open countryside, towards the Anamuya Mountains. Right now you are seeing the land at eye level. In just a few, you will be seeing almost the same scene but from above. A fascinating contrast for sure!
Your briefing will alleviate any concerns you have as the experienced guides will make sure you have all the information you need to enjoy your zipline. This particular circuit is a real thriller, with 18 platforms and 12 ziplines that cover over a mile of terrain. As your adrenaline flows, particularly during the first few zips, you might forget to enjoy the scenery but soon after you begin you will be able to relax and throw your arms out and yell at the top of your lungs as you are overtaken by the thrill of the whole idea of flying through the air.
By the time you reach the last zipline of your trek, you will be an old hand at this and you will so appreciate the effort you made to try this. Passing through the lush jungle forests, the span over Lake Anamuya, and something that you cannot do at most canopy camps is RACE YOUR FRIEND ON SIDE-BY-SIDE CABLES! How cool is that?
That is one photograph you will want to purchase.
- Dress comfortably. Closed toed shoe footwear. REQUIRED.
- Bring sunglasses, a hat, sunscreen, mosquito repellent.
- You might want some cash for tips and a souvenir.
- When traveling with children, we always suggest you bring bottled water and some snacks.
- This excursion is not right for pregnant women, anyone who has an injured back or recent surgery, heart problems, and balance/dizziness issues.
- We recommend this tour for children 6 years and older. They must be 44 lbs in weight and 50 inches in height.
Maximum weight is 280 lb. Waist must be no larger than 44 inches.
- You will be expected to sign a waiver.
- La Romana Resorts: There is an additional transportation fee to be paid directly to driver when staying at any resorts in La Romana or a comparable distance. Please be prepared to pay the driver $15 per person additional for a roundtrip transfer.
Days offered: 7 days a week