Marvel at Athens' best sites and then head out of the city to the Temple of Poseidon.
If you are arriving on a cruise ship, your tour will depart from Piraeus, the ancient port of Athens. If you are staying in a hotel in Athens, your tour will begin at your hotel.
Our driver will meet you at your Athens accommodation or cruise port, and take you directly to the Acropolis.
You can't miss the Acropolis--the trademark of Athens. The ancient "high city" is topped with marble temples dedicated to the city's goddess Athena and dates back to the Late Bronze Age. Following your climb to the top, you will visit these architectural masterpieces: the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion, and, finally, the magnificent Parthenon.
Next stops will be the Temple of Zeus, the Panathenaic (Old Olympic) Stadium, and the changing of the guards ceremony. We continue with a driving tour passing by the Athenian Trilogy (University, Library and Academy of Athens) before we head to the highest point of the city , Lycabettus Hill, to enjoy the stunning view.
Now it's time to make your way to the southern-most point of Attica--Cape Sounion. Enjoy a splendid view of the Saronic Gulf and the little islands offshore before coming to the white marble pillars of the Temple of Poseidon.
Visit the ruins of the Temple of Poseidon, constructed in the 5th century BC over the ruins of a temple from the Archaic Period, perched above the sea at a height of nearly 200 feet. The 20-foot columns of the temple were intended to resist the weathering action of the sea air, and you can still see them there today.
Please note that your driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb to the top of the Acropolis or inside the Temple of Poseidon. If you want this service, please book the optional Licensed Guide who will accompany you.
- Please note that your English-speaking driver cannot enter sites with you.
- There is an option to add a licensed guide for the day during the checkout process.
- The price of this tour does not include any food, beverages, entrance fees, or gratuities.
- Entrance fees to the Athenian archaeological sites total approximately 15€ per person. The entrance to the Temple of Poseidon is 8€ per person. The entrance to the Acropolis is 20€ per person.
- Please note that your driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb to the top of the Acropolis or inside the Temple of Poseidon. If you want this service, please book the Optional Licensed Guide.
- This service is unable to meet you inside the pier. Your meeting instructions will direct you to the representative. That may require a short walk at Dock A or a short courtesy shuttle ride at Dock B.
Days offered: 7 days a week