This is an adventure perfect for hikers and nature lovers of all ages.
We love the idea of something that is not about drinking, snorkeling, or driving some mechanism. This experience is real and memorable!
It takes a special person to understand the uniqueness of nature on an island full of mechanical props. After digging very deep we have found that source into the wilderness of Cozumel, secrets that we knew nothing about until now. Dedicated birders are here and ready to show you the wild side of the island.
You will be guided mostly on the eastern side of the island, exploring the Parque Rancho Buenavista which is one of the largest natural reserves on the island. Your guide will be one of a group of bird expert guides who understands the search through a natural setting with the goal of viewing some of the special species that reside here. On your trek you will encounter water wells, spectacular jungle hiking trails, some ruins left by the Mayans, caves and rock formations.
Comfortable transportation will pick you up close to your arrival location and you will find yourself in the heart of this 400 acre natural reserve very quickly. There are very few activities on this island that will take you out of the congestion of the island to a more secluded area to learn about the true reasons to visit. Cozumel island has a record of 304 registered bird species, some endemic to Cozumel and those include the Colibrí Esmeralda de Cozumel and El Cuitacloche de Cozumel. (Cozumel Emerald Hummingbird and Cozumel Cuitacloche).
You will also look for those which are part of the mangrove birds such as the Chipi Dorado, Águila Pescadora, Garza Rojiza, Espátula Rosada, Ibis, y Fragatas. (Golden Chipi, Osprey, Reddish Egret, Roseate Spoonbill, Ibis, and Frigates) and you may find all of them at our Natural Reserve, along with several migratory species (seasonal).
You can bring your own binoculars or request a rental during the booking process. Though you are out in the wild, you will be in touch with Rancho Buenavista facilities which include a fresh water swimming pool, restrooms, bar and restaurant before returning to your starting point.
- Comfortable shoes, binoculars, hat, long sleeve shirt and bug repellent are recommended.
- Tour includes refreshment of ice cold bottled water, seasonal fruit juices and seasonal fruit snack.
- A considerable amount of walking must be taken into consideration for this tour.
- There is a restaurant for purchases and restrooms as well for your use.
- There is a fresh water pool at the property in the reserve if you wish to swim. A towel is suggested in that case. You may want to wear your swimsuit under your clothing.
- Tour requires a minimum of 2 people to operate. Contact ShoreTrips for single traveler pricing.
- Minimum age is 5 years old
- Maximum age is 70 years old
- Maximum weight limits 280 Lbs.
- Guests under age of 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- There are binoculars for rent upon previous request ($20.00 U.S.)
- The guide has first aid training and a first aid kit in case of an emergency
- No one under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be allowed to take this tour
- This tour is perfect from beginners to advanced watchers
Days offered: 7 days a week