Experience the same training as astronauts do, for an "out-of-this world" experience.
Nowhere else on Earth can you train to go to Mars and experience astronaut training. Through exciting and immersive simulation technology, prepare for the next mission to Mars.
This fabulous day at the Kennedy Space Center includes general admission as well as the "New Astronaut Training Experience (ATX)". Spend most of your day in the immersive ATX program, then spend the rest of your day exploring the fascinating Kennedy Space Center's multiple exhibits, space equipment, films, shows and more.
The "New Astronaut Training Experience" puts you through the same paces as real-life astronauts as they prepare for a mission to Mars. You'll be part of the crew as you launch a mission simulation including launching, landing and walking on Mars, and experience microgravity. In this all-new Astronaut Training Experience, participants train to live and work in the harshest environment through exciting and immersive simulation technology.
- Transportation to the Kennedy Space Center is NOT included in this tour.
- The cost of parking is not included in the price of this tour.
- New Astronaut Training Experience lasts approximately 5 hours. The rest of your day is spent exploring the Kennedy Space Center.
- The minimum age to participate in the Astronaut Training Program (ATX) is 10 years old.
- All children under the age of 18 participating in the ATX program must be accompanied by a paying, participating adult.
- ENGLISH FLUENCY Due to safety instructions and the interactive content essential to this program, each guest participating in the ATX program must be fluent in English.
- FOR ALL ASTRONAUT TRAINING EXPERIENCE SIMULATORS: Participants must be in good health and free from high blood pressure, heart, back or neck problems, motion sickness, or other conditions that could be aggravated by this experience. Expectant mothers are not allowed to participate.
- LANDER/ROVER SIMULATOR: Those who have had recent surgery or injury may not ride. Participants must be at least 51” tall.
-WALK ON MARS VIRTUAL REALITY: If you experience seizures, loss of awareness, eye strain, altered vision or other visual abnormalities, dizziness, disorientation, or any symptom related to motion sickness, you may not participate. Guests who have pre-existing binocular vision abnormalities may not participate.
SPACEWALK TRAINING: Participants must be at least 48 inches/1.22 meters tall. Max weight is 275 pounds/127 kilograms.
Days offered: 7 days a week