There really is a secluded option on Cable Beach to spread out and relax.
In all our years visiting Nassau, we did not know this existed and are excited now to share it with you.
There are several options for beach days in and around Nassau but none with the history of this one. Besides the fact that smaller more private venues are difficult to find, this one has historical value. It was originally the Governor's Mansion and was purchased by a legendary Jamaican.
When we think of Bob Marley, our minds go directly to Jamaica but Bob's heart was also in Nassau where he and his family had a vacation home. This oceanfront home drew the attention of the Marleys in 1976 as they found themselves in Nassau while Bob recovered from an assassination attempt. Now it is open to you for a lovely quiet beach experience, with the spirit and memory of the reggae master ever present.
Located on Cable Beach just a short ride from the center of downtown Nassau, you can enjoy the scenic journey during a small group drive. Your driver will share some history of the area and the property during the ride. Upon your arrival, the lush gardens and the house are available to you for exploration. The private gallery is full of Bob Marley memorabilia and allows you a glimpse of a man who, though a private person, had talent that extended far beyond his reach.
The resort offers several areas for you to lounge, whether you choose one of the pools or the private beach, and service is extended to you for drinks. Soft reggae will be the background along with the soft swells of the ocean. Lunch is included and you can choose from the menu of grilled or jerk chicken burgers or beef burgers, Caesar salad, grilled chicken salad, chicken fingers, fish fingers, pork skewers, veggie or chicken quesadilla or chicken wings, all served with a side and soft drink.
Whether you loved Bob Marley or are looking for some peace and quiet, this will allow you to escape for awhile from the chaos of the world.
"Don't worry about a thing, cause every little thing gonna be alright."
- Please dress for the beach but bring comfortable shoes.
- You may want to have cash or credit card for souvenirs or additional food and/or beverages.
- Please note that there are no umbrellas on the property but there are shaded areas.
- This is an adult-only excursion. You must be 18 years old to participate.
- This is NOT wheelchair accessible.
- Please note, the time on board your ship and the local time in port may be different.
- We will pick up hotel guests for a fee of $10.00 per person to be paid at the time of pickup.
Days offered: 7 days a week