We could call this short and sweet but it is also a combo of culture and cool!
All smiles and happiness upon your arrival, you will be scooped up and shown the main city of Basseterre after boarding your transportation. This town has a lot of character and it also has lots of characters! I am sure you will spot Elvis, or at least his van, as you drive around the small but bustling town.
Moving along to the outer road, your driver will have just a little time to fill you in on some history before you turn uphill for a beautiful scenic view. You have arrived at historic Romney Manor, once a sugar cane planation. Romney Manor was owned by Sam Jefferson II, a great-great-great grandfather of Thomas Jefferson. You have also arrived at Caribelle Batik, which is both a shop and a part of St. Kitts culture. Batik is created using an ancient Indonesian method that uses wax to resist dye on parts of the fabric and then designs (often consisting of lines and dots) are applied with that method by using a canting tool or stamp. Caribelle Batik is famous for its unique batik designs that combine flourishing strokes and elements of nature. While at Caribelle Batik you’ll be able to learn more about the methods used to create batik as there will be artisans demonstrating the technique and creating products onsite while explaining the process.
This is a must-see shopping stop and whatever you buy here will likely be the best and most unique of any souvenir you see on your vacation. Even if you decide not to purchase, the memories of these creative folks will remain with you. At this stop you can also enjoy the Botanical Gardens and the spectacular view of Nevis.
Your driver will gather you and continue your drive to one of St. Kitts popular beaches - Frigate Bay. Here expect to spend 3 hours of heaven. There are full facilities at the beach so you will find food, drinks, chairs, gear, whatever you wish to eat or rent is at your fingertips.
This combination of a little culture, some rainforest, history, gardens and fun will fill your day.
- We suggest you bring a towel, as well as a change of clothes. If you wish, beach chairs will be available for rental.
- Food and beverages are not included in the tour cost, but can be purchased at the beach.
- Comfortable walking shoes with a good grip are suggested.
- Minimum of only 2 people for this tour.
- This tour is not available on National Holidays.
- If you are traveling in a collapsible wheelchair, you must advise ShoreTrips in advance so we can best arrange transportation and the beach stop to accommodate you. We cannot accommodate scooters.
- All guests must sign a waiver prior to taking the tour. Those choosing not to sign will not be allowed to take the tour and no refunds will be given.
- Please be aware that during the busy cruise season the beach can get quite crowded.
Days offered: 7 days a week