Private: Guided Nature WalkExplore > United States > Florida > Private: Guided Nature Walk
A nature walk with a naturalist!
Explore two beautiful natural habitats in South Florida with a master naturalist guide. The tour begins with a walk through a natural area, part of the Great Florida and Wildlife Trail. This area is home to one of the last remaining cypress sloughs and true tropical hardwood hammocks in Florida. Here, over 200 new plant species have been identified. While traveling through this lush prehistoric-looking swamp vegetation, see a variety of birds, frogs, alligators, turtles, and other wildlife.
Then venture to a barrier island and explore one of the last remaining tidal creeks in South Florida, a vital ecosystem home for many invertebrates and fish. Be prepared for your legs to get a little wet as you search alongside your guide for snapping shrimp, crabs, seahorses, and rays in this endangered habitat. The guides will provide water shoes and towels as needed. After traveling through the creek, experience the dune forest ecology and possibly see a few gopher tortoises on the short walk back.
This private nature walk can be personalized to make the experience of traveling through these secluded natural areas even more special. Bring a camera to capture what you discover as you find the real Florida!
- Dress comfortably with good walking shows.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. The nature walk is rated as easy.
- Bottled water is included.
- Please use our binoculars!
- We can pick you up from the Port of Miami or Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale.
- We pick up from hotels and locations in Broward County and Miami-Dade County. If you are coming from somewhere north of Commercial Blvd. in Ft. Lauderdale, we may provide you with a convenient meeting location.
- We provide complimentary luggage storage as well as optional airport/hotel drop off. We will ask you for more information at the time of booking.
- Parts of this tour are weather permitting.
- As with any tour, times may vary due to unexpected traffic issues and your location. Initial drive time from Miami is approximately 45 minutes and 20 minutes from Ft. Lauderdale.
Days offered: 7 days a week