Private: Coral Castle And A 'Taste' Of The Tropics
This fun, tasty, interesting mix of activities are sure to make everyone in the family happy.
Leave the ocean behind for a while. There's lots to see in Florida's interior. Really, there is!
Your trip away from the beach begins with a stop at a local farm for a delicious breakfast pastry.
Let's move on to Coral Castle, a marvel of engineering and a building mystery. There is much speculation and intrigue surrounding the construction of this impressive limestone edifice by just one man, Ed Leedskalnin. This truly unique place is a real Florida treasure! We leave the mystery of Ed behind and head to a very beautiful, very interesting tropical park, showcasing hundreds of varieties of fruits, vegetables, tropical trees, spices, and nuts. Sample some uncommon varieties of bananas, starfruit, and sapote and learn about many of the plants grown here.
Moving from fruit to flowers, we visit an orchid farm, boasting several hundred varieties of these exotic beauties. Breathe in their lovely fragrance and take a break with a fresh-squeezed tropical treat.
With all the sampling, make sure you save room for lunch. We are headed to a Jamaican/Haitian restaurant specializing in homemade food. This place is getting great reviews!
Our next stop, a tropical market, will dazzle you with the sheer variety and number of tropical fruits and vegetables. Don't leave without trying one of their famous tropical fresh-fruit shakes.
Last but not least, we'll tour a family winery estate. See the process of turning grapes into their divine end product and enjoy a tasting (or, if you're not into wine, choose a craft beer instead).
- All entrance fees are included in tour cost.
- The price of lunch is included in the tour cost.
- Please alert us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions or limitations.
- We can pick you up from the Port of Miami or Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale.
- We pick up from hotels and locations in Broward County and Miami-Dade County. If you are coming from somewhere north of Commercial Blvd. in Ft. Lauderdale, we may provide you with a convenient meeting location.
- You must be at least 21 years old to consume alcohol.
- We provide complimentary luggage storage as well as optional airport/hotel drop off. We will ask you for more information at the time of booking.
- Parts of this tour are weather permitting.
- As with any tour, times may vary due to unexpected traffic issues and your location. Initial drive time from Miami is approximately 50 minutes and 1 hour and 15 minutes from Ft. Lauderdale.
Days offered: 7 days a week