Athens By Electric Bike With Flavors Of GreeceExplore > Greece > Athens > Athens By Electric Bike With Flavors Of Greece
Enjoy the sites of Athens by the seat of your pants!
Imagine bicycling around, through, and in between one of the world's oldest civilizations. The contrast of an electric bike ride with the ancient sites of Athens will be an unforgettable experience. Our well-designed tour will allow you to feel the freedom of bike travel as you are immersed in both a new culture and an old history.
Once you are comfortable with your electric bike, you will begin by following your leader into an experience that will be a highlight of your vacation. The tour begins in an area that allows you to get familiar with your bike and the sites. A wide promenade rings the Acropolis, along with other ancient sites, and will allow you to look around as you travel. You will pass the recently-opened Acropolis Museum, with a chance to admire the Herodes Atticus amphitheater. Pass by the Thission outdoor cinema, the Temple of Zeus, Hadrian’s Gate, and Lysicrates Monument.
Up next is a visit to Varvakios Market, a dramatic district with intense history where you'll peddle through the back streets to watch the daily habits of Athenians. A visit to Athens wouldn't be complete with visiting Plaka, the heart of Athens where legends, colors and the hidden face of this magical city come alive.
For a true taste of Athens, stops will be sprinkled throughout the tour for tasting some Greek specialties such as souvlaki and loukoumades.
At the end of your 4-hour bike ride, you'll have approximately 2 hours of free time to return to areas that caught your attention during the tour or explore new sites on your own before the return transfer to your cruise ship or hotel.
- The riding portion of this tour is about 4 hours in length.
- This tour covers approximately 7 miles through the city center and is best suited for experienced riders.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 guests and can accommodate up to 10 riders.
- The minimum age to participate is 13. All riders between ages 13-18 are only able to ride with parent's consent.
- E-bikes are best suited to those whose height ranges between 5' and 6'2". Please inform us if you are above or below those heights to ensure a suitable bike is waiting for you at the time of the tour.
- The maximum weight to participate is 265 pounds.
- Before booking this tour, please make sure all participants are confident riders. Those who are not could be excluded from the tour.
-This tour covers approximately 7 miles through the city center and is best suited for experienced riders.
- The return transfer to the ship departs at 3pm. If there are at least 2 people interested, there might be a 4pm return transfer available.
-This tour does not run on the following dates - March 11 and 25, May 1, August 15, October 28, November 17, December 25, 26 and 31 and January 1.
Days offered: 7 days a week