Take an exciting hike through the rainforest to the rim of a volcanic crater!
Go on the hike of a lifetime as you meander through the island's lush rainforest on your way to Mount Liamuiga, the sleeping giant of St. Kitts. Get ready for an adventure!
Your guide will drive you past tall cane fields to the edge of the rainforest, where your volcanic hike begins. Enjoy a moderate to rigorous trek along the lower slope, through the dense canopied forest, among the many dramatically vine-laden banyan trees. Along the way, your guide will provide information regarding the area's varying wildlife and vegetation. And keep an eye out for those curious, yet elusive, vervet monkeys playing in the treetops!
The intensity of your hike will increase as you near the cone of the volcano, and so will your adrenaline. Once you reach the rim of the mile-wide crater, you'll find yourself gazing down upon a great expanse of lush foliage that sits like an ancient garden within this massive volcano. Clouds will rise and fall as you stand atop this colossal rock that will seem to breathe beneath your sturdy feet. You'll have climbed to an elevation of nearly 3,800 feet after this rewarding hike.
After being refreshed by the cool breeze, and the crisp, cool air in the clouds, you'll make your descent down the slopes of the volcano and back through the dense growth of the rainforest.
A light snack and refreshments will be provided for your enjoyment.
- We suggest that you wear good walking shoes and sunscreen.
- Please be aware that this tour is extremely strenuous and physically demanding. The majority of the hike is uphill.
- A picnic consisting of local fruits, snacks, and drinks will be provided.
- There will be an additional fee to pick up at hotels located outside of Basseterre or Frigate Bay.
- This excursion requires a minimum of 2 passengers.
- This is a wonderful activity but is extremly strenuous and physically demanding.
- This tour operates rain or shine. Please dress accordingly.
Days offered: 7 days a week