Viewing the limestone outcrops jutting from the bay is extraordinary.
Navigating the silent channels of Ha Long Bay is amazing. Having no idea what to expect, we arrived, boarded our boat, and began our journey. This private venue allows you the experience that few receive for this adventure.
Nearly 2,000 bizarrely shaped limestone outcrops jutting out of the emerald Ha Long Bay, with hidden coves, echoing caves and needle-sharp ridges all of which have provided inspiration for dozens of local legends and poems.
Navigating the silent channels feels dreamy. This is an adventure where you can sit back, socialize with your friends or contemplate nature by yourself. It truly deserves its designation as one of the 8th wonders of the world.
We will transfer you from your ship to board your private boat. This is an unusual transfer to the boat as the regulations are not the same as in the United States but the crew will make you feel very comfortable. Once aboard, you will depart quickly and begin a slow cruise into the mists, with a few of the jutting rock formations visible.
Eventually you will be surrounded by these pinnacles of limestone. As you cruise, you will approach an entire city on boats, including a bank, a bar, and shopping. These Ha Long Bay residents live here year round. No doubt you will see laundry hanging to dry, though who knows how that happens with the damp air that seems to fill the space not consumed by rock.
There is a stop if you wish to anchor. You may exit the boat to take photos and if you wish to see the famous Hang Dau Go ("Grotto of the Wooden Stakes"), you can. The stakes were driven into the mud in 1288 to skewer the boats of Kublai Khan's mongol army as the tide receded. There are also stairs to a lookout point to view the massive scene.
Lunch is the most deluxe. It is a seafood lunch of several courses and is fun, delicious and impressive. We will ask during the booking process if you have allergies to seafood; they will accommodate you.
There are many levels of service here at Ha Long Bay and we chose to provide exactly what we personally experienced, which was the best available. Regardless of how many in your party, your Ha Long cruise will be private. You will have a lovely staff, numbers based on the number in your party. There is a bar from which you may chose anything you wish at an extra charge.
- Please dress comfortably. We suggest layers as it can be chilly.
- Flat shoes are a must. Rubber soles are best.
- Beverages can be purchased with a credit card on board.
- Gratuities are not included.
- On this boat, and on most of the boats you might experience in Eastern Asia, there are crafts to purchase. There are lovely souvenirs at very inexpensive prices but please, hesitate with a purchase of pearls.
- Please note there is surcharge pricing for all National and New Year holidays as well as peak season. You will be notified of any increased costs prior to confirmation. Contact ShoreTrips with any questions.
Days offered: 7 days a week