Experience the lobster fisherman life and learn a thing or two about Bar Harbor! Private tour.
This is a private tour just for you and your group.
This tour includes:
- Privately chartered lobster boat ride
- Services of an experienced captain
- Lobster catching in action
- Lots of fun facts and lobster lore
- Great photo opportunities!
Set out on your privately chartered lobster boat and sample a day in the life of a Maine lobsterman! Watch the captain haul in lobster traps and listen to interesting explanations about lobster fishing, seals, and other marine life in Maine.
We'll go through Frenchman Bay, viewing the different privately-owned islands close-up as sea birds and bald eagles soar above in their natural environment. We'll also go by Egg Rock Lighthouse, a favorite among visitors.
Your captain will fill you in on local history and folklore, telling you stories about the area--you decide if it's fact or fiction! Hear about the Flying Dutchman of Maine, the curse of the Saco River, the night during World War II when a German U-Boat landed two spies on Hancock Point, and many others!
- Warm clothing is important. Although the weather is normally mild, sea breezes are common and can be cool. We suggest that you bring sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, a camera, binoculars, and a snack and/or lunch (complimentary soft drinks, iced tea, and bottled water are offered).
- You won't need to take a taxi to the starting location of this tour, but you will need to walk there. It's about a 5-minute walk. Full instructions/directions will be on your voucher.
- If you're booking the "Get To Know Bar Harbor" tour before this tour, please allow at least 1/2 hour between the end of your "Get to Know Bar Harbor" tour and the start of the Privately Chartered Lobster Boat.
- The boat can accommodate up to 30 people. Please consult ShoreTrips if your group is larger than 30.
- Please note: You must check in 30 minutes early for this excursion.
- This trip operates until October 22nd.
Days offered: 7 days a week