Choose from these three biking options to find the perfect trip for you!
Nature lovers, mountain hikers, and adventurers will all find something to do on Mount Parnitha. The highest of the Attica mountains at 1,400 meters, Mount Parnitha's huge pine wood forest is home to over 800 different kinds of herbs and plants, and contains thousands of trails and hundreds of small caves to explore.
This tour includes:
• Round trip transportation from the cruise ship pier or your hotel in a minivan
• Services of an English-speaking guide/mountain biking expert
• Choice of 3 different bike routes
• Use of all necessary equipment for cycling (bike, helmet)
• Picnic lunch
• Free time to relax or explore
• An awesome two-wheeled adventure!
Mount Parnitha is the closest mountain to Athens, just a one-hour drive from the city center. In the mountain's fir forest, there are numerous routes where you can enjoy mountain biking and escape from city life for a few hours. We will propose an ideal route for you based on your experience and desire for adventure.
Option 1: Travel from Mola to Bafi refuge and then back to Mola. This is a simple route suitable for beginners. Total biking time is 1-1.5 hours on an asphalt road.
Option 2: Travel from Bafi refuge to Flabouri to Koromila spring and then back to Bafi. This is a circular route that includes some dirt roads, as well as asphalt. Total biking time is 2 hours.
Option 3: Travel from Bafi refuge to Mola and then to Saloniki. You'll bike for 3.5km on an asphalt road, followed by 4km of dirt road biking. Total biking time is 2 hours over 15km. It's recommended that you have previous biking experience if you choose this option.
At the conclusion of the bike tour, you'll be treated to a picnic lunch in Bafi refuge. Your meal includes salad, cheese, a main course, dessert, and one beverage per person. Following lunch, you'll have a few hours to hang out and relax before returning to the cruise ship pier or your hotel.
• The price of this tour includes round trip transportation from the Piraeus port or your hotel, an English-speaking guide/mountain biking expert, a picnic lunch, and all necessary equipment for cycling (bike, helmet).
• Please note that your itinerary is subject to change at the discretion of the tour leader, according to local and weather conditions.
• It will take approximately 1 hour to drive from the Piraeus port to Mount Parnitha.
Days offered: 7 days a week