See the best of Athens on this Private Tour!
If you are arriving on a cruise ship, your tour will depart from Piraeus, the ancient port of Athens. If you are staying at a hotel, you will be picked up at your hotel.
Our driver will meet you at your Athens accommodation (or Pireaus cruise terminal) and take you directly to the Acropolis where you will visit the Parthenon, the Erechtheion, the Temple of Athena Nike and you will also get the chance to see the theatre of Dionysus and the Odeon of Herodes Atticus.
Next stops will be the Temple of Zeus (about 15-min visit), the Panathenaic (old Olympic) Stadium (short stop) and the changing of the guards ceremony (about 15 minutes). We continue with a driving tour passing by the Athenian Trilogy (University, Library and Academy of Athens) before we head to the highest point of the city, Lycabettus Hill, to enjoy the stunning view.
The next archeological sight you will visit is the Ancient Agora which includes the Stoa of Attalos and the Temple of Hephaestus (approximately 75 minutes). This stop is not offered to cruise ship passengers unless they are quick seeing the other sites.
Following the visit to the Agora, you will do a lunch stop for about 1 hour at a place that will be discussed directly with the driver.
The last stop of this tour is the Acropolis museum where you will spend about 90 minutes before our driver takes you to your Athens accommodation (or the Piraeus cruise terminal)
- Please note that your English-speaking driver cannot enter sites with you.
- There is an option to add a licensed guide for the day during the checkout process.
- The price of this tour does not include any food, beverages, entrance fees, or gratuities.
- Entrance fees to most Athenian archaeological sites are approximately 30€ per person. Entrance fee to the Acropolis is 20€ per person, and can be purchased ahead of time to avoid the lines.
- Tickets can be purchased online through this link:
Select: Attica, then Acropolis & Slopes, and continue with instructions.
- Please note that your driver is not licensed to accompany you on a climb to the top of the Acropolis. If you want this service, please book the Optional Licensed Guide.
- This service is unable to meet you inside the pier. Your meeting instructions will direct you to the representative. That may require a short walk at Dock A or a short courtesy shuttle ride at Dock B.
Days offered: 7 days a week