The grandeur of Delphi has to be seen to be believed.
Welcome to the grandeur of Delphi, where nature and ancient ruins blend in an extraordinary way, enhancing the beauty of one another against a setting of mountains, terraces, and trees.
Situated on the slopes of Mount Parnassos, hundreds of feet above the sea, it's easy to see why Delphi was once believed to be the center of the earth. Listen to your guide as he tells you the fascinating history of the Sanctuary of Apollo, the paved Sacred Way, and the Doric temple of Apollo. Admire the theatre and stadium, used for the main events of the Pythian Festival, located on terraces above the temple. To the right of the entrance to the Sanctuary is the Kastalian Fountain, where Pythia washed before speaking her prophecies. Across and below the road is the Marmaria, or Sanctuary, of Athena, with the conspicuous building of Tholos.
We'll make stops both on our way to and from Delphi. There are many things to see in the surrounding area, including the Monastery of Osios Loukas, famous for its mosaics; the charming village of Arachova; and the imposing mountain of Parnassos. Your guide will ask about your interests when he meets you and tailor the experience based on your suggestions.
- This tour includes all transportation and a licensed guide to take you into the sites.
- Food, drink, entrance fees, and gratuities are not included in the price.
- The 9€ per person entrance fee to Delphi is not included in the price of this tour.
- For this tour, we use one of very few driver/guides available to English-speaking tourists. He is difficult to book, so please book this as far out as you can to avoid a much higher cost when using a separate driver and guide.
- This service is unable to meet you inside the pier. Your meeting instructions will direct you to the representative. That may require a short walk at Dock A or a short courtesy shuttle ride at Dock B.
Days offered: 7 days a week