This is not a tasting tour, unless you consider touring both land and water a taste of St. Martin!
It's always hard to decide what to do on a Caribbean island--tour the island or experience the azure blue water? Here we have combined both worlds for a terrific day.
This tour is a wonderful combination of sightseeing on land by jeep and a self-drive boat ride for a little snorkeling. Your adventure begins at the cruise pier, where you will find your guide. A short briefing about the jeeps, the boats, and the day ahead of you will get you in the mood.
The beginning is a drive through Philipsburg and over the 'hill' towards Simpson Bay. As you travel, you will see the incredible views overlooking the city, the cruise port, Fort Amsterdam, and the lagoon. Along the way, you will make a stop for photos and a briefing about the island. Soon after, you will find yourself at the marina, where your boat guides are waiting.
A hands-on intro to the operation of the unique watercraft will assure you before boarding. You will be following your guide in your own small two-man boat through the lagoon and along the scenic coastline. The ride is a mix of beautiful scenery and an exhilarating rush as you ride through tropical ripples and waves. A short stop at Creole Rock, the most famous snorkel spot here, allows you to see the wide variety of fish that make this location a highlight.
You will retrace your steps by boat and then jeep for a short ride to Maho Beach in hopes of seeing a couple of airplanes landing right over your head. It also offer a great spot for lunch with a variety of restaurants, or you might choose to take a refreshing swim. These choices precede your last stop, which is in the island's French capitol of Marigot, and we will give you a little time to visit their market for all things French.
The ride back will complete a satisfying day.
- Jeep drivers must be at least 21 years old with a valid driver's license.
- Each boat must have a person of 18+ years old.
- Children should be a minimum of 5 years old.
- Maximum combined weight of 475 lbs. per boat.
- Per person pricing is based on 4 people per jeep and 2 per boat.
- This is not off-road driving.
- The order of activities may change depending on the day.
- The schedule, as well as the stops, might be adjusted based on the conditions of the day and to allow you the best experience.
- Lifejackets and snorkeling equipment are included. Bottled water is available during the boat portion of the tour. You may bring snacks and beverages. Lunch is not included, but provisions are made so you will have time to lunch or snack if you wish.
- We recommend you bring sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, a towel and money for refreshments.
- This trip is not available for Norwegian Cruise Line guests.
- Your miniboat will carry one adult over 18 years old and 2 children under the age of 12 - OR - 2 adults. Total maximum weight is 450 lbs.
- Pregnant women and those with back, neck, hip, or knee problems should not do this tour.
- The price of lunch is not included in the tour.
Days offered: 7 days a week