This excursion actually takes you out to observe wild dolphins using the power of the sun!
This energetic couple has a thriving business based on their love and respect for marine life. They take a limited number of visitors out each day to observe dolphins in their natural habitat.
This dedicated husband/wife team really "talks the walk" with its commitment to the environment and sustainability. They, along with an MIT-trained engineer and a naval architect, designed and built a solar-powered, electric catamaran to transport you quickly and quietly to the pod of wild dolphins whose trust they have gained over the years.
The outcome of this relationship is your opportunity to accompany a team of naturalists to observe these wild dolphins hunting, courting, communicating, and teaching their young. You'll do this in style, on board a boat with rooms for changing, a freshwater shower, a restroom, and over 400 sq. ft. of deck space, partially shaded.
The leisurely pace of this tour allows time to also snorkel the sponge gardens, a patch reef or among coral heads. For maximum enjoyment, your experienced captain will choose a location that is calm and clear and away from the crowds. Although sea-life sightings are not guaranteed, guests often see crabs, lobsters, stingrays and numerous varieties of colorful fish.
- Although this tour does operate in light rain, it is very weather dependent. We strongly suggest you call the tour operator the night before or the morning of your tour to make sure it will be going out. The phone number will be on your voucher.
- The meeting point for this tour is approximately a 10-15 minute walk from the Margaritaville Pier. You may walk or take a short taxi ride. Specific instructions will appear on your voucher.
- We suggest that you wear your swimsuit and bring a towel, non-oily sunblock, a hat, camera, sunglasses, a light jacket, a small bag to secure your things, a few bucks, and a Big Smile!
- It's best to have a good, balanced meal before boating.
- We suggest you bring along some sandwiches for this trip. There's a great gourmet place called the Waterfront Deli located right behind the boat. Water and fresh fruit will be provided.
- There is a 2-person minimum and a 6-person maximum for this tour.
- This popular tour sells out far in advance. We suggest booking early to avoid disappointment.
- This tour is great for the whole family. There are no age restrictions and non-swimmers are welcome.
- This tour is run under the Marine Mammal Protection Act, which states you are not allowed to pursue or harass the dolphins.
- Sorry, this tour is not available on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.
Days offered: 7 days a week