Roatan is rich with culture...get acquainted with little towns, exotic scenery, and lovely people.
Since this is a private tour, you can do and see whatever you wish. We've listed some of the island's highlights for you, but feel free to inform your guide of your interests. This will be a day to remember!
After leaving the cruise ship dock, we'll head to the east end of the island and drive through Coxen Hole, the capital of Roatan. Here, you'll see city hall and the commercial center.
We'll then continue on to two shipwreck sites: Tolum and Alexander. Learn about all of the interesting histories behind these wrecks, including how one of the ships caught on fire.
Next, you'll get to know the local culture of Roatan as we go through small towns like Barrio Los Fuertes (Spanish-speaking town) and French Harbor (fishing village). We'll also visit Pineapple Villas, French Cay, and Arch's Iguana Farm, the one and only natural iguana farm in the world!
Moving on to the west side of Roatan (most tours don't go to both the east AND the west), we'll drive through a few small communities like Sandy Bay, stopping upon request at the Museum of Local History located in Anthony's Key Resort. You may even choose to visit Carambola Botanical Gardens or a butterfly garden a few minutes away.
After leaving here, we'll continue into the West End, where most restaurants and souvenir shops are located. While at West Bay, we'll see the most beautiful beach on the island, Half Moon Bay Resort. Here, you can spend the rest of your day relaxing in the sun or visiting some of the nicest bars and restaurants the island has to offer.
As we head back to the cruise ship pier, we'll drive through small communities such as Flowers Bay, Gravels Bay, and Pensacola. If you wish to stop at the stone castle (fine jewelry shop specializing in carved conch shells) on the way back, just let your driver know.
- This is a private tour with a wonderful English-speaking driver/guide.
- If you plan to relax on the beach after the tour, bring your swimsuit, a towel, sunscreen, and an extra T-shirt.
- You may also want to bring extra cash for souvenir shopping.
- If you choose to go to the following sites, you will need to pay entrance fees (rates are per person and subject to change):
-Iguana Farm: $8
-Butterfly Garden: $7
-Carambola Botanical Gardens: $10
- We list the tour duration as 3 hours, but this can vary slightly, depending on how much time you spend at the beach after the tour.
- This tour can accommodate collapsible wheelchairs. Please contact ShoreTrips for more details and to inform the operator ahead of time. Some portions of the tour may not be wheelchair accessible, but the guide can work with you in advance and provide you with meeting information.
- If you plan on booking this tour with separate credit cards please contact ShoreTrips.
- We will stop when you request, but please note that if you choose to stop at all locations listed, each stop will be limited in order to fit in all locations. You may choose to stop at only some sites and drive by the rest.
Days offered: 7 days a week