Rainforest Hike And Garden TourExplore > Saint Kitts and Nevis > Saint Kitts > Rainforest Hike And Garden Tour
Hike this beautiful island's mountain forest and take in a cultural site as well!
This excursion departs the port in an island-style open safari vehicle, en route to highland elevations where you will discover a mysterious world of lush mountain forests.
This tour includes:
• Round trip transfer
• Island-style open safari tour
• 2-hour guided hike in a mountain rainforest
• Refreshments (local pastries, sweets, sandwiches, seasonal fruits, & local drinks)
• Visit to Romney Manor Estate and botanical gardens
Here, in a place of rare beauty, and St. Kitts' richest reservoir of bio-diversity, you will hike in the rainforest, immersing yourself in a landscape alive with exotic plants, including the heliconias (red and yellow) bamboo, ferns, palms, elephant ears and breadfruit that festoon the area. You may sample some of the local seasonal fruits along the way (guava, strawberries, coconut, grapes and soursop).
Besides the rich plant life, the rainforest also supports an abundance of butterflies, caterpillars and colorful lizards. And beautiful song and humming birds adorn the trees under the canopy of creepers and vines. You will observe a drop in temperature and an increase in moisture as you venture deeper into the forest. Coursing crystal clear streams (seasonal) add to the exotic atmosphere. You might even be lucky enough to catch a glimpse of African green Vervet monkeys and other wildlife that inhabit this idyllic setting.
Refreshments of local pastries, sweets, sandwiches, seasonal fruits and local drinks will be provided for your enjoyment.
Then, your tour will proceed to the Romney Gardens for an exciting demonstration of the island's famous batik, cloth that is traditionally dyed using a manual wax-resist technique. The Romney Manor Estate encompasses eight acres of historical ruins, ancient Carib Indian Rock drawings and a beautiful botanical garden.
• This tour includes a 2-hour hike. Please wear comfortable walking or hiking shoes, shorts, and a T-shirt, and bring your own drinking water. You may also want to bring a camera!
• Snacks and beverages are included.
• This tour requires a minimum of 4 people. We will do our best to match you with others if you have less than 4 people.
• Minimum age is 6 years old.
• You must be in relatively good physical condition to take this moderate 2-hour hike.
Days offered: 7 days a week