Clay Villa Plantation, Gardens, Timothy Hill & BeachExplore > Saint Kitts and Nevis > Saint Kitts > Clay Villa Plantation, Gardens, Timothy Hill & Beach
Tour Clay Villa and its eco gardens and wildlife, enjoy picturesque vistas and beach break.
Clay Villa Plantation is a true "Garden of Eden." It is an eco -friendly hideaway for exquisite plants, island wildlife and can be described as an "oasis of paradise with surprises around every corner."
On this sightseeing tour you will:
- Pass important monuments like Berkley Memorial, Clock Tower, Independence Square
- Visit Clay Villa Plantation
- Stroll through gorgeous Caribbean gardens
- Wildlife viewing
- See amazing architecture
- Souvenir shopping opportunity
- Visit South Friars Beach
- Pass mansions, estates and resorts
Your tour begins with a drive around the historic and colorful streets of Basseterre, the oldest town in the Eastern Caribbean. See important monuments such as the Berkley Memorial, Clock Tower, Independence Square (a former African slave market) and impressive churches with incredible architecture.
Your scenic drive continues to Clay Villa Plantation – St. Kitts' Best Kept Secret! a unique Kittitian family home whose trustees are descendants of the original Caribbean Indians of St Kitts.
Stroll through exotic butterfly and majestic Rain Forrest Gardens, gaze upon portentous wall murals and admire worldwide collections of jewelry, sculptures, nature art, treasures and artifacts from a bygone era.
You will also view the lush enchanted magnificent gardens where the green vervet monkeys, tropical birds, tortoises, water turtles and sharks call their home. Following your tour, you will be able to purchase rum punch and souvenirs.
On your return drive you will enjoy panoramic views of Basseterre and onto the Friars Beach area which features many stately elegant homes and modern resorts. We'll also make a brief stop at Timothy Hill for super views of the Atlantic and Caribbean Sea!
Enjoy one hour relaxing at South Friars Beach before returning to the ship or your hotel.
- Entrance fee and taxi fare included in tour price.
- You will receive a complimentary drink at Clay Villa.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and your swimsuit. Also, please bring a towel and sun protection.
- You will do considerable walking at the plantation site.
- We cannot accommodate wheelchairs of any kind on this tour.
- You must book a minimum of 4 spaces in order for this tour to be confirmed.
- Please note: Clay Villa Plantation will be closed on December 7, 2014.
Days offered: 7 days a week