See the beautiful and secluded side of Nassau by bike with a great guide.
Few visitors break out of the established tourist routine to engage with locals or discover what the island is like away from the narrow touristy corridor from Cable Beach to Paradise Island. If you've been to Nassau in the past, you know that the traffic can be brutal--noisy and congested. This is OK if you're shopping the downtown streets but, if you really want to understand and see the tropical island itself, here is your chance for an excellent adventure, no matter your biking ability.
This tour includes:
• Round trip transportation from the cruise ship pier or your hotel
• Scenic drive
• 10-mile guided bike ride on an all-terrain bicycle
• Stop in the village of Adelaide
• Water bottles, refreshments, fresh fruit, and the use of binoculars
• An invigorating experience!
Upon meeting your lovely guide, you'll realize that you made a great decision. There is not a moment in which you won't be entertained during this half-day excursion. While en route to the starting point of the biking tour, you'll enjoy a comfortable scenic drive across the island while your guide tells you about daily life in the Bahamas.
Your trek departs from the southern portion of the island at Coral Harbour. After a briefing on safety and comfort issues, you'll begin a guided ride through shady woodland trails, open pine forest, the seashore, and mangrove creeks. This part of the island is marshy, with large lakes and dense scrub forest. You'll eventually arrive at the quiet village of Adelaide, whose lifestyle revolves around fishing. This is a very nice addition to your rural ride.
During the course of your ride, you'll cover a distance of about 10 miles. All in all, this is a satisfying and rewarding adventure for every level of biker.
• The price of this tour includes all equipment and safety equipment, water bottles, refreshments, fresh fruit, and the use of binoculars.
• You'll be riding your bike approximately 10 miles. This length may vary slightly depending on your fitness level and that of the rest of the riders in your group.
• There is a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 6 for this tour.
• The minimum age to participate is 9 years old.
• The maximum weight is 230 pounds.
Days offered: 7 days a week