Zoom around on a Segway and see 10 times as much in a short amount of time!
We're sure that most of you haven't been on a Segway and that most of you are wondering if you can master it. Let us tell you that mastering a Segway is easy... and within minutes you will be enjoying this phenomenon of motion. In 2007, the entire ShoreTrips staff had a Segway Party in Milwaukee's Third Ward and along our Lake Michigan Shoreline and everyone, even old Barry, had a blast. Before you know it, the machine is reacting to your body's subtle commands. Think left and it turns left. Think stop and it stops. Unbelievable! So stop worrying and be happy on your Segway tour. We'll bet that most of you will think about buying one after this great experience.
Experience a Segway, Antigua’s latest mode of transportation, on a high-tech tour of the beaches! Using cutting edge technology, this revolutionary machine is environmentally friendly, self balancing, and fun and easy to ride.
Explore some of the most popular beaches on the island with the Caribbean Sea or Atlantic Ocean as your backdrop. We'll zoom by Fort Bay and nearby attractions and landmarks.
The main attraction in the area is the magnificent view of the surrounding St. John’s Harbor. Your guide will fill you in on all of the interesting history of the area, too!
Visit the Fort (the only remaining Fort on the island with all 13 of its cannons intact). On the opposite side, you'll fall in love with the gorgeous views of the Caribbean Sea, Sandy Island, and maybe even Montserrat Island, Redonda, and other neighboring islands (if the day is clear).
You will also see Sugar Mills, picnic parks, coconut trees, and stretches of beach that go on for miles!
Your tour includes bottled water and West Indian lemonade or "Wadadli" (local beer). At the end of the ride, you'll have time (approximately 45 minutes) to relax or go for a swim at the beach.
- This tour includes guided Segway tour, safety orientation, helmet, and time to relax on the beach with a refreshing beverage.
- If you plan to swim, wear your swimsuit and pack a towel. We recommend bringing a light backpack for your towel and sunblock.
- The orientation portion of this tour will take about 25-30 minutes. The tour itself will last for approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- If you are staying at a hotel outside the St. John area, you may need to take a taxi to the meeting location.
- Please note this tour is unavailable from 15 August - 15 October, 2017.
- This tour does not operate on Christmas Day, December 26, New Year's Day, Good Friday, or Easter.
- There is a minimum of 2 and a maximum 8 for this tour. If you have a group larger than 8, please contact us.
- Minimum age is 13 years or 100 pounds. Maximum weight is 300 pounds.
- This tour is available Monday-Friday.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday