Need expert help?
Meet Brian, one of our travel experts for Kenya.
Brian has always nurtured his passion for travel in his spare time. He's traveled the world, visiting over 40 countries.
Over time, this passion grew to the point where he began to search for opportunities to work in the travel industry. He's been an African Specialist at Mango Safaris since early 2006.
Morning Tea at the Campfire
Elephant Pepper Camp is in the heart of the Maasai Mara prime game viewing area. Only half an hour from the Mara River, although most game viewing is conducted in the Mara North Conservancy core, right around camp.
Elephant Pepper Camp is situated next to a water hole, so in the dry periods there are a lot of plain‟s game around camp. The grass around the camp is very high in salts, especially near the honeymoon tent where there are natural springs in the wetter times, so this attracts a lot of elephant that are free to roam around the camp at night time.
The camp overlooks the vast open plains, teaming with game, especially during the migration. Guests are encouraged to go on bush walks with an experienced guide to explore the savannah up-close.
Photo copyright Cheli & Peacock.
See thumbnails of all photos for this point of interest.
Video copyright Elephant Pepper Camp.
Elephant Pepper Camp is situated in the prime core of the protected Mara North Conservancy wilderness area. In the same location for 20 years, one of the original, very small and exclusive tented camps, Elephant Pepper is located away from other lodges, in the heart of the African bush. Our spacious canvas tents are comfortably furnished, featuring ensuite bathrooms with eco-friendly flush toilets and traditional safari showers. Nothing rivals sitting around the campfire enjoying the sounds of the African night. Enjoying extended game drives in the best 4x4 game drive vehicles, clients participate in the most unique wildlife experience in the world. Elephant Pepper Camp brings people back to nature – no traffic, no permanent structures, just the sights and sounds of the African bush.
- Traditional style tented camp – Although extremely comfortable with spacious tents and ensuite bathrooms, the camp is very low key, with no generator to interfere with the sounds of the bush and resident lion pride! The camp has never poured one bag of cement and could be completely removed leaving a virgin site.
- Location – Hidden in a grove of elephant pepper trees, overlooking the Mara plains in the heart of Mara North Conservancy, Elephant Pepper Camp is in a prime but secluded game viewing area.
- Highly qualified guides – All of the Elephant Pepper guides have their Bronze Level KPSGA qualification and 2 of them have the impressive Silver Level KSPGA qualification. Some of our guides have worked in this area for over 20 years.
- Unrivalled game drive vehicles – EPC has a brand new fleet of spacious open-sided Land Cruisers. All vehicles feature enhancements specifically designed for comfort and photography, such as charging sockets and camera stands.
- Gold Eco-rating Certification - Ecotourism Kenya, 2011/2012 (only 3 Gold rated camps in Kenya)
- 5 of the Best: Best for an Authentic Camping Experience – Travel Weekly Magazine, October 2005
- Day & Night (pre dinner) Game Drives
- Guided Bush Walks
- Bush Breakfasts
- Cultural Visits
- A small shop selling fleeces, caps, kikoys and some wildlife guide books