Damajagua Waterfall Jump And Slide From Taino BayExplore > Dominican Republic > Puerto Plata > Damajagua Waterfall Jump And Slide From Taino Bay
Watch out below!
Starting at a young age there is something exhilarating about jumping into a body of water. No matter if it's at your community pool or the dirty neighborhood pond your parents told you not to swim in, water just screams, Jump! On this excursion there won't be any buzzkill life guards telling you not to run but instead a local guide showing you the best spot to drop the perfect cannonball.
After being met at the pier you will take off through the countryside on your way to "27 Charcos" which translates to 27 pools in reference to the natural swimming pools in the area. At base camp inside the Dominican forest you will be outfitted with a helmet and life jacket before starting a 30 minute guided hike to a waterfall. Here you will have the option to jump into the inviting waters below or head down to some a natural platform for a simple slide. With a guide assisting you every step of the way, your return to base camp won't be by trail but instead by a series of natural waterslides which carve through the forest from centuries of rushing water. Rum punch and soda will be waiting for you as you change into dry clothes before heading back to the pier.
- This excursion includes bottled water, rum punch and a snack.
- You must wear sneakers that you don't mind getting wet, water shoes or sport-type sandals. If you do not arrive with proper footwear you will be required to rent shoes for $2.
- Please wear your swimsuit under lightweight clothing. A change of clothing and a towel can be left safely on the transport vehicle. There is a "base camp" prior to the hike where participants will be able to change and use facilities.
- The highest jump is over 20 feet. There are wooden walk-downs at each jump site.
- All participants must be in good physical condition and free from respiratory, heart, back, knee and neck problems. Safety is our top concern, if any participants arrive unfit for the tour, or do not meet minimum age requirements, they will not be able to participate, and refunds will not be given. If you have questions or concerns, contact ShoreTrips prior to traveling.
- The program isn't recommended for travelers with limited mobility. This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- The walk to the meeting location takes approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Participants must be confident and good swimmers. Travelers must not have any type of limited mobility or heart, back or respiratory problems.
- Please note that this excursion involves hiking uphill, which may be challenging to some guests.
- You MUST be at least 10 years of age to participate no exceptions.
- Travelers with a fear of heights should consider the Amber Cove Rainforest Trek and Swim.
Days offered: 7 days a week