Private: Yukon Suspension BridgeExplore > United States > Skagway > Private: Yukon Suspension Bridge
Enjoy the Yukon: Yukon Suspension Bridge and Emerald Lake by your own Private Vehicle.
In 2022, this tour operates May 5th - October 6th.
When you arrive in Skagway, you will feel like you were transported back in time when there was a rumor that gold was in the hills. As you look into the valley, you can't help but imagine what the city looked like in the late 1800's. But let's take on a more modern journey to experience some of the new while learning about the past.
Begin on the Klondike Highway in your private vehicle, where you can see from across the valley the original train route that was built by thousands of prospectors who came to Skagway in search of gold. On this journey you will learn about the path gold seekers took on their way up the White Pass in search for fortune. Hear the stories of the Klondike Gold Rush of 1898 as you make your way to the more modern Yukon Suspension Bridge. Once you are here, if you are brave enough, stand 65 feet above the rapids of the Tutshi River. Continue on this 70 mile journey to the most photographed lake in the Yukon, Emerald Lake. Then make your way to Carcross, we will have time for lunch or shopping if you wish. Since lunch is optional, we do not include lunch into the cost of the tour, but we have some recommendations for you and your group, just ask.
Your vehicle will make many stops along the way to see it all. From gushing waterfalls to glaciers, sparkling lakes to raging rivers, forests to fauna, in the comfort of your private vehicle, soak in the snow capped mountains with the beauty and wilderness that rises all around you. We will stop for plenty of photos at the South Glacier Viewpoint, Denver Glacier Valley, Welcome to Alaska sign, Summit Lake, Bridal Veil Falls, Tutshi, Bove Island Viewpoint, Welcome to Yukon Sign, Carcross Desert and Emerald Lake. Take as many mental pictures, or pictures with your phone as you look for bears, moose, caribou, goats and sheep along this 70 mile journey.
When you return into Skagway, we will drop you off back at your cruise ship pier, or in downtown Skagway if you wish to enjoy this unique city on your own after your tour.
- If you wish to customize your itinerary, please contact ShoreTrips before purchasing this tour.
- This tour has a physical activity level of: Moderate
- This tour operates in all weather, unless conditions are unsafe for driving, which is determined by the driver.
- Since this excursion enters Canada, all citizens MUST carry a valid passport. The only exception to this requirement is for U.S. citizens under the age of 16 (or under 19, if traveling with a school, religious, or other youth group) who need only present a birth certificate. If you plan to travel to Canada with a minor who is not your own child or for whom you do not have full legal custody or one parent is not present, you will be required to present a letter of consent from the minor’s parents including a signature. It should include dates of travel, parents’ names, and photocopies of their state-issued IDs.
- If you do not have a valid passport at the time of the tour, you will not be allowed to take this tour and no refunds will be issued.
- This tour is NOT able to accommodate motorized or electric scooters of ANY kind.
- This tour can accommodate passengers who have small collapsible walkers or collapsible wheelchairs. Guests with mobility issues must be able to step up into and out of a vehicle. We are happy to assist in boarding passengers and storing the walker or wheelchair in our vehicle. We can only accept "umbrella" style child strollers that do not exceed these measurements when folded up: 45"L x 10"W x 10"H (including wheels). If we do not have room on the vehicle, these items will have to be left behind with a company representative and delivered to the guest at the conclusion of the tour.
- If you wish venture across the suspension bridge, you will need to navigate some steps. This may not be suitable for those with limited mobility.
- In 2022, this tour operates May 5th - October 6th.
Days offered: 7 days a week