Private: Omg Puppies!!! & Yukon TourExplore > United States > Skagway > Private: Omg Puppies!!! & Yukon Tour
If Puppies are on your Bucket List for Skagway, then this is a tour for you.
In 2022, this tour operates May 5th - October 6th.
If you want to take an actual Dog Sled Ride, then you will want to consider booking the Yukon Dog Sled Run.
When in Rome do as the Romans do.... When in Alaska visit an Alaskan Mushers Camp!
One highlight of this tour is taking the trek on the Klondike Highway by private vehicle where you have a chance to take in the beauty of this small city of Skagway and picture what it was like in the late 1800's. You will for sure have your senses awoken as you take in the beauty of the Alaskan landscape that is surrounding you. Glaciers once carved through this fjord that your cruise ship came in through on your way to Skagway. As you venture into the hills of the Yukon you will see all sorts of wilderness, lakes and waterfalls. Take as many pictures as you wish, but be sure to keep an eye out for wildlife.
For many of you, the real reason you are taking this tour is to meet the puppies of Michelle Phillips and Ed Hopkins. Learn about their combined 50 years of mushing knowlege as they have recorded over 26,000 miles of racing experience in Canada and Alaska! At this camp, learn about the sport of competitive mushing, along with the grit and endurance needed by both dogs and humans, to complete this thrilling race. Here you will also be able to pet the future racers of tomorrow, the pups!
Your vehicle will make many stops along the way to see it all. From gushing waterfalls to glaciers, sparkling lakes to raging rivers, forests to fauna, in the comfort of your private vehicle, soak in the snow capped mountains with the beauty and wilderness that rises all around you. We will stop for plenty of photos at the South Glacier Viewpoint, Denver Glacier Valley, Welcome to Alaska sign, Summit Lake, Bridal Veil Falls, Tutshi, Bove Island Viewpoint, Welcome to Yukon Sign, Carcross Desert and Emerald Lake.
When in Carcross, we will have time for lunch or shopping if you wish. Since lunch is optional, we do not include lunch into the cost of the tour, but we have some recommendations for you and your group, just ask.
- If you wish to customize your itinerary, please contact ShoreTrips before purchasing this tour.
- This tour has a physical activity level of: Easy
- This tour operates in all weather, unless conditions are unsafe for driving, which is determined by the driver.
- Since this excursion enters Canada, all citizens MUST carry a valid passport. The only exception to this requirement is for U.S. citizens under the age of 16 (or under 19, if traveling with a school, religious, or other youth group) who need only present a birth certificate. If you plan to travel to Canada with a minor who is not your own child or for whom you do not have full legal custody or one parent is not present, you will be required to present a letter of consent from the minor’s parents including a signature. It should include dates of travel, parents’ names, and photocopies of their state-issued IDs.
- If you do not have a valid passport at the time of the tour, you will not be allowed to take this tour and no refunds will be issued.
- This tour is NOT able to accommodate motorized or electric scooters of ANY kind.
- This tour can accommodate passengers who have small collapsible walkers or collapsible wheelchairs. Guests with mobility issues must be able to step up into and out of a vehicle. We are happy to assist in boarding passengers and storing the walker or wheelchair in our vehicle. We can only accept "umbrella" style child strollers that do not exceed these measurements when folded up: 45"L x 10"W x 10"H (including wheels). If we do not have room on the vehicle, these items will have to be left behind with a company representative and delivered to the guest at the conclusion of the tour.
- In 2022, this tour operates May 5th - October 6th.
Days offered: 7 days a week