Private: Emerald Lake Yukon ExperienceExplore > United States > Skagway > Private: Emerald Lake Yukon Experience
Emerald Lake and into the Yukon by your own Private Vehicle.
In 2022, this tour operates April 24th - October 20th.
If you've come this far on your trip to Skagway, you might want to go just a little further to experience Emerald Lake as you will see why this is the most photographed lake in the Yukon.
Explore the Klondike Highway and beyond in your own private vehicle as you make your way through Skagway and into the Yukon where you can see the real beauty of the wilderness. On this journey you will learn about the path gold seekers took on their way up the White Pass in search for fortune. Hear the stories of the Klondike Gold Rush of 1898 as you make your way to Carcross. Take as many mental pictures, or pictures with your phone as you look for bears, moose, caribou, goats and sheep along this 70 mile journey.
Your vehicle will make many stops along the way to see it all. From gushing waterfalls to glaciers, sparkling lakes to raging rivers, forests to fauna, in the comfort of your private vehicle, soak in the snow capped mountains with the beauty and wilderness that rises all around you. We will stop for plenty of photos at the South Glacier Viewpoint, Denver Glacier Valley, Welcome to Alaska sign, Summit Lake, Bridal Veil Falls, Tutshi, Bove Island Viewpoint, Welcome to Yukon Sign, Carcross Desert and Emerald Lake.
When in Carcross, we will have time for lunch or shopping if you wish. Since lunch is optional, we do not include lunch into the cost of the tour, but we have some recommendations for you and your group, just ask.
When you return into Skagway, we will drop you off back at your cruise ship pier, or in downtown Skagway if you wish to enjoy this unique city on your own after your tour.
- If you wish to customize your itinerary, please contact ShoreTrips before purchasing this tour.
- This tour has a physical activity level of: Easy
- This tour operates in all weather, unless conditions are unsafe for driving, which is determined by the driver.
- Since this excursion enters Canada, all citizens MUST carry a valid passport. The only exception to this requirement is for U.S. citizens under the age of 16 (or under 19, if traveling with a school, religious, or other youth group) who need only present a birth certificate. If you plan to travel to Canada with a minor who is not your own child or for whom you do not have full legal custody or one parent is not present, you will be required to present a letter of consent from the minor’s parents including a signature. It should include dates of travel, parents’ names, and photocopies of their state-issued IDs.
- If you do not have a valid passport at the time of the tour, you will not be allowed to take this tour and no refunds will be issued.
- This tour is NOT able to accommodate motorized or electric scooters of ANY kind.
- This tour can accommodate passengers who have small collapsible walkers or collapsible wheelchairs. Guests with mobility issues must be able to step up into and out of a vehicle. We are happy to assist in boarding passengers and storing the walker or wheelchair in our vehicle. We can only accept "umbrella" style child strollers that do not exceed these measurements when folded up: 45"L x 10"W x 10"H (including wheels). If we do not have room on the vehicle, these items will have to be left behind with a company representative and delivered to the guest at the conclusion of the tour.
- In 2022, this tour operates April 24th - October 20th.
Days offered: 7 days a week