Private: All Aboard The Yukon Rail ExperienceExplore > United States > Skagway > Private: All Aboard The Yukon Rail Experience
Ride the White Pass Railway and venture into the Yukon by your own Private Vehicle.
In 2022, this tour operates May 5th - September 30th.
ALL ABOARD! Skagway’s most scenic ALASKAN experience begins with a 28-mile journey between Skagway, Alaska, and Fraser, British Columbia, aboard the Scenic Railway of the World. The White Pass Railway, which was completed in 1900, has a narrow gauge track that takes visitors into the White Pass. Experience the breathtaking panorama of mountains, glaciers, gorges, waterfalls, tunnels, and trestles while listening to historic narration from the comfort of vintage passenger coaches. Climbing up the mountainside, you'll see the extreme changes in vegetation as you pass through several temperate zones before reaching Fraser.
Once a water-stop for the thirsty steam engines and rotary snowplows, Fraser, BC, is now the site of Canadian Customs and Immigration. Upon arrival at the train depot in Fraser, you'll be transferred to your private vehicle as you continue your journey into the unparalleled beauty of the Yukon Territory.
Travel to Tutshi Lake, Tagish Lake, Welcome to the Yukon Sign, Carcross Desert, and Emerald Lake.
During your return trip to Skagway, you'll be entertained by professional guides with their amusing stories of local lore and captivating tales of the Gold Rush Era. As you drive down the mountainside, you'll have ample opportunities to take fabulous photos at scenic vistas such as Skagway Scenic Overlook, Pitchfork Falls, Bridal Veil Falls, and more.
Note, if you book the 9:30am tour, this will do the tour in reverse by starting in your Private Vehicle and then returning to Skagway from Fraser on the White Pass Train.
Since this excursion enters Canada, all passengers must bring their passport or passport card.
- At the time of making your booking request, you can book the 7:30 a.m. departure if your ship arrives at 7 a.m. or earlier.
- At the time of making your booking request, you can book the 9:15 a.m. departure if your ship is in port until 7:00 p.m. or later.
- If you wish to customize your itinerary, please contact ShoreTrips before purchasing this tour.
- We recommend dressing in layers.
- This tour has a physical activity level of: Easy
- Do note, you must step up into and out of the train car with little to no assistance. The steps are steep and narrow, similar to a coach bus.
- This tour operates in all weather, unless conditions are unsafe for driving, which is determined by the driver.
- When placing the order, you must select the private vehicle size based on your party AND add the tickets that are associated with the ages for those riding the train. Note, children 2 and under do not need to pay for the train ticket but they MUST ride on the lap of the parent(s) or guardian(s).
- Since this excursion enters Canada, all citizens MUST carry a valid passport. The only exception to this requirement is for U.S. citizens under the age of 16 (or under 19, if traveling with a school, religious, or other youth group) who need only present a birth certificate. If you plan to travel to Canada with a minor who is not your own child or for whom you do not have full legal custody or one parent is not present, you will be required to present a letter of consent from the minor’s parents including a signature. It should include dates of travel, parents’ names, and photocopies of their state-issued IDs.
- If you do not have a valid passport at the time of the tour, you will not be allowed to take this tour and no refunds will be issued.
- This tour is NOT able to accommodate wheelchairs, motorized scooters, or electric scooters of ANY kind.
- This tour can accommodate passengers who have small collapsible walkers. Guests with mobility issues must be able to step up into and out of a vehicle. We are happy to assist in boarding passengers and storing the walker in our vehicle. We can only accept "umbrella" style child strollers that do not exceed these measurements when folded up: 45"L x 10"W x 10"H (including wheels). If we do not have room on the vehicle, these items will have to be left behind with a company representative and delivered to the guest at the conclusion of the tour.
- Please note that due to the length of this tour, you should not book this if your cruise ship departs Skagway earlier than 5 p.m. If your cruise ship departs Skagway at 5 p.m., you may only book the 7:30 a.m. tour time. If you book the 9:15 a.m. tour, your ship must be in port until 7:00 p.m. or later.
- In 2022, this tour operates May 5th - September 30th.
Days offered: 7 days a week