Private: Scenic Sitka TourExplore > United States > Sitka > Private: Scenic Sitka Tour
Search the rugged and beautiful shorelines for abundant wildlife.
These local Alaskan guides love sharing their unique experiences and knowledge of Sitka. You'll be mesmerized by the amazing wildlife and the peaceful way of living. The memories will last a lifetime.
This fun and adventurous small group tour begins after taking the free shuttle from the cruise ship pier to downtown Sitka. Take in the breathtaking view of downtown Sitka from the O'Connell Bridge as you explore Japonski (the Russian word for Japanese) Island's rich history and wildlife. Although wildlife sightings are not guaranteed, you'll most likely see eagles, sea lions, otters, and various other animals.
Your tour continues with a scenic drive to Silver Bay, where you'll learn of its rich history and be amazed by the scenery and photo opportunities.
Next, we're on to the "Fortress of the Bear." This three-quarter acre habitat is home to rescued Brown Bear. The dedicated rescuers will provide information on this giant omnivore as well as stories of their personal experiences with "ursa arctos". The property allows for close access (25 feet) to the animals with covered viewing areas, for great photography opportunties.
The last stop is the Sitka National Historical Park, also known as Totem Park. You'll stand on a bridge over Indian River and learn about the salmon and their life cycle, then take a walk in the amazing old growth rain forest. Hear about the native culture as you view the totem art and scenery.
- Bring an umbrella in case of rain, and don't forget your camera.
- Tour times vary daily and will be assigned upon confirmation. During check out you will have a choice between a morning or afternoon program. We will also ask if you have any other tours booked while in port.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- This tour can accommodate a maximum 10 adults per vehicle. You must be able to step in and out of a van and make your way to the rear row of the vehicle.
- Booking a private tour allows flexibility with the itinerary. Please let your guide know of any special requests.
Days offered: 7 days a week