Helicopter Icefield Excursion **operating 2021+**Explore > United States > Juneau > Helicopter Icefield Excursion **operating 2021+**
Combine a scenic heli ride with a glacier landing.
One to the main reasons to visit Alaska is the spectacular scenery that exists out of reach of it's main cities, unless you look to the skies. The mountains and glaciers around Juneau are an awesome sight.
You will board your helicopter with boots, safety vests and raingear (if necessary) after a short safety briefing.
The scenery of mountains covered with snow and the valleys in between are more than you imagine. Your helicopter will land on or at the base of a glacier and you will be met by your guide, who will take you on a 20- 25-minute introduction and exploration of this craggy mass of ice.
This is a true Alaskan adventure that you will take home with you.
Actual length of tour is approximately 1 hour. The total trip length, including transfer time to and from the cruise ship pier, is approximately 2.25 hours.
When choosing a trip departure time, you must allow a minimum of 1 hour between the time your ship docks and the time you are picked up at the pier.
-Dress warmly in layers. Bring sunglasses, gloves, hat and rain gear if you have it. Wear walking shoes or sneakers. Glacier boots and rain gear will be provided as needed.
- Cameras and binoculars are allowed on board, but no cases of any kind and no bags are allowed, including backpacks, diaper bags, purses, etc. Lock boxes are available at the helicopter office.
- This tour has about 30 minutes of flight time, 20 to 25 minutes on the glacier and the balance is the approximate time it takes to get to and from the helipad.
- There is a mandatory surcharge for those weighing 250 lbs. or more (including clothing, footwear, and cameras, which may add an additional 10-15 pounds). All passenger weights are required by the FAA. Prepare to be weighed at the time of the tour.
- Children under the age of 12 are not permitted to fly without a guardian.
- Guests need to be able to climb into and out of the helicopter unassisted and need to be able to walk approximately 30 yards over uneven or rocky terrain.
-Guests must also be able to walk for 20-25 minutes on the glacier during the guided tour.
- Guests are not allowed to remain on the helicopter as the pilot will be dropping guests off and returning to the heliport with other guests.
Days offered: 7 days a week