Helicopter Glacier Dogsled TourExplore > United States > Juneau > Helicopter Glacier Dogsled Tour
Grab hold of the reins and go for a dog sled ride across this remote glacier.
Glacier-carved mountains unfold in front of your eyes as you embark on your helicopter flight to the camp. The flight is about 15 to 20 minutes each way, which depends on winds and weather. You will see that each glacier has its own personality.
Once you land on the glacier you will get to meet your team of huskies, along with about 80 Alaskan dogs that live at the camp. You will have some time to chat with the mushers and hear unique personal accounts of the Iditarod backcountry experiences. They will give you some instructions on stopping and using the brakes, if you want to drive the team (don't worry - they will be by your side).
You will set out on a 2 to 2 1/2 mile loop and you will be able to stop for photos as well as to change places, if you wish, with your companion. Your total time on the glacier is one hour that you will never forget!
- If needed, over boots will be provided.
- We suggest your bring your own hats, gloves, sunglasses and any extra layers or rain gear.
- NO MINIMUM FITNESS LEVEL REQUIRED.
- When choosing a trip departure time, you must allow a minimum of 1 hour between the time your ship docks and the time you are picked up at the pier.
- Each person must pay for a space. We do not allow any lap children, as they must be in a car seat (which we can provide if we know ahead of time).
- Heart patients, please beware this flight reaches heights of up to 5000'.
- No bags of any sort are allowed on the helicopter. Everything you bring must fit in your pockets.
- You will be required to furnish the weight of each passenger. Be prepared to weigh in for this tour. To ensure your safety and comfort, passengers weighing 240 pounds or more (including clothing, footwear, and cameras, which may add an additional 10-15 pounds) will be reserved extra space on-board the helicopter and will be required to pay an additional amount as reflected in our pricing chart. It is important to be accurate with the weights, as there may not be additional space available at the weigh-in should you go over 250 pounds.
- There is a maximum of 6 passengers per hour for this trip. If you have more than 6 people in your group, please contact ShoreTrips.
- Operation of all tours is dependent on weather and snow conditions. If the dogsled tour is not able to operate because of snow conditions, the helicopter company will make every effort to accommodate you on an alternate excursion.
Days offered: 7 days a week