A 'Taste' Of Juneau With Mendenhall GlacierExplore > United States > Juneau > A 'Taste' Of Juneau With Mendenhall Glacier
Gather for a celebration of gustation and glaciers.
While delicious food is not necessarily the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Juneau, this tour will have you rethinking your position. The freshest of Alaskan seafood, "Made in Alaska" favorites and local brews will leave you with a new appreciation of Juneau's culinary scene (and happy taste buds!).
Eat your way through Alaska's capital city on this fun, mouth-watering exploration of Juneau's favorite foods. Sample delicious dishes such as king crab bisque and fresh salmon while your local guide sprinkles in tasty tidbits about everyday life in Juneau.
Visit award-winning restaurants, where you will often meet the chefs and restaurant owners who make Juneau an epicure's delight. Sample the famous local favorite hog wings and indulge in tastings from food trucks to fine dining.
Belly up to the bar at a historic watering hole to sample three beers from Alaskan breweries, each with its own distinct characteristics. Water and soft drinks are available as an alternative to beer.
Now that your tummy is full, you will receive tickets for the Mendenhall Glacier Shuttle. Visit the informative Mendenhall Glacier Visitors Center and enjoy the beauty of this magnificent glacier. You may spend as much time here as you like before heading back downtown on a return shuttle, which runs every 30 minutes.
- Please dress for the weather because rain or shine, we dine!
- There are beverages available at most tasting locations. You are welcome to bring a refillable water bottle. In the interest of the environment, no single-use water bottles will be provided.
- The Mendenhall Glacier shuttle runs every 30 minutes. Please allow sufficient time to make it back to your ship.
- Minimum 2 participants required.
- Maximum 12 people per tour.
- You must be 12 years old to participate in this tour. Guests over age 21 who wish to drink alcohol must provide a valid ID.
- Due to licensing, we ask that guests not purchase their own alcoholic beverages on this tour. There will be plenty for you!
- All guests will be required to sign a waiver prior to beginning the tour.
- During the check-out process, you will be asked if anyone in your party is a vegetarian or dairy- or gluten-free. Sorry, we cannot accommodate those with fish/seafood allergies.
Days offered: 7 days a week