Sit back and experience France’s romantic landscape!
The villages and towns you journey through on this tour capture a beautiful blend of German and French culture that will surely impress!
Begin the morning in Switzerland then journey over the border into Alsace, an historical region in northeastern France on the Rhine River plain. With its close proximity to Germany and Switzerland, Alsace has alternated between German and French control which reflects in the cities culture and architecture.
Once you cross the border, you’ll experience France’s breathtaking countryside filled with gentle hills, meadows, and vineyards. Pass by the Upper-Alsatian township of Colmar which will enchant you with its gorgeous houses. Visit the Unterlinden Museum which houses the famous Isenheim Altar.
Take time to explore the city. Enjoy a French Aperitif or local French dish. Next, you’ll travel on Alsatian Wine Route from Colmar which features some of the most romantic scenery in Europe.
Enjoy the peaceful journey back to Basel through picturesque towns with medieval towers, castles and ruins. Stop on the sunny slopes of the Eastern Vosges where seven types of Alsatian grapes and visit a winery to taste local French wine.
- If you are staying in a hotel outside of the city center, then you will have the option of paying a surcharge pricing or deciding on a central meeting point. You will be contacted regarding your preference after booking the tour.
- Food, beverages and tasting fees are not included in tour cost.
- If you wish to visit inside the Unterlinden Museum the cost can be paid on the spot. The cost is 20 CHF per person.
- Cost of wine tasting is not included.
- This tour is not able to accommodate those with limited mobility.
Days offered: 7 days a week