Private: Pearl Harbor Half Day TourExplore > United States > Oahu > Private: Pearl Harbor Half Day Tour
This private tour allows you to experience Pearl Harbor at your own pace.
You will be picked up from the cruise ship pier or your hotel and escorted to the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center, all in the comfort of your private vehicle.
Travel to Pearl Harbor and the Arizona Memorial, where you will spend the morning reliving the important historic moments that took place at this fascinating site. En route, your guide will provide historical commentary before escorting you to the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center.
At the Visitor Center, you'll view a moving film depicting the events of the 1941 Pearl Harbor attack. Afterward, you'll board a Navy launch for the short ride to the Arizona Memorial. Reserved tickets allow you to make the most of your time here. Spend some time exploring this somber site, the resting place of 1,102 of the nearly 1,200 sailors killed on the USS Arizona during the 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor. Dedicated in 1962, the Memorial consists of three main parts and spans the sunken hull of the battleship. After your boat ride, your guide will meet up with you and guide you through the exhibits. Plan on spending approximately 2 hours here.
You'll have your choice of visiting either the USS Bowfin submarine or the USS Missouri battleship. Just let your guide know your preference.
The USS Bowfin submarine, nicknamed the "Pearl Harbor Avenger", is a self-guided audio tour (tickets $15 each). Plan to spend about 45-60 minutes here.
If you choose the USS Missouri, your guide will accompany you on the shuttle bus to Ford Island, where the ship is located. The USS Missouri offers a docent-guided tour ($30 per person) along with a self-guided tour below and the upper decks, although your guide will be happy to present information if you wish. Plan to spend about 1.5 - 2 hours here.
If time permits, you will visit the Punchbowl Cemetery or be given an exterior tour of Iolani Palace or the King Kamehameha statue.
- We recommend bringing your own water. There is no eating or drinking anything except water inside the van.
- You will be escorted to the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center by your guide.
- Tickets to the USS Bowfin ($15 per person) and the USS Missouri ($30 per person) are not included in the price of the tour.
- This tour picks up at the cruise ship pier and Waikiki hotels only. Pickups at hotels outside of Waikiki are available for an additional charge. Supplement must be booked.
- In the event you wish to extend your tour time, the charge will be $150/hour (pending availability of your driver/guide).
Days offered: 7 days a week