Pedal Your Way Through Nassau's HistoryExplore > Bahamas > Nassau > Pedal Your Way Through Nassau's History
Your easy-to-ride beach cruiser is the perfect mode of transport for exploring Nassau.
Experience Nassau's interesting history and vibrant culture from the seat of your comfy beach cruiser bike. So swing a leg over, put your feet on the pedals and let's get rolling!
This fun, active tour of Nassau hits all the highlights! As you pedal through town, your friendly, enthusiastic guide will relate the history of the city through your audio ear set.
It's just a short ride to the tropical setting of the Queen's Staircase. You'll hear the story of its architecture and climb the 66 steps to see the iconic Water Tower, a prominent landmark in Nassau's skyline, and visit Fort Fincastle. Although never actually used as it was intended (to defend the harbor from attack from the French), the fort remains an important part of Nassau's history.
Back down the stairs and back on your bike, there's much more in store. Your next destination is the beautiful colonial Government House, home of the Governor-General of The Bahamas. Right next door is the elegant Graycliff Hotel, a true Bahamian treasure. Visit the Graycliff Chocolatier and sample their exquisite chocolates before moving on to tour the galleries of the National Art Gallery of the Bahamas and the colorful Junkanoo Museum.
A tour of the John Watling's Distillery is up next, where you'll learn the magic of turning raw, local products into the finest varieties of rum using traditional English methods. A sample is in order before pedaling on to Tasty Tea where Bahamian bush teas and traditional medicine are the focus.
After a visit to Fort Charlotte, take a break at Arawak Cay, a colorful seaside street lined with purveyors of delicious local cuisine. After a snack, you'll head to the Straw Market to look for that perfect souvenir from your visit to Nassau. Your last stop is Parliament Square before making your way back to the pier.
- Cruise ship passengers will be met outside the terminal gates and escorted on the very short, one-minute walk to the check-in location. Cable Beach hotel guests will need to take a 10-minute taxi ride, Paradise Island hotel guests will need to take a 5-minute taxi ride to the check-in location. Specific instructions will appear on your voucher.
- All guests must wear close-toed athletic shoes.
- Bring/wear a hat, sunglasses, sunblock and bring cash for food/beverage purchases.
- Admission fees to Fort Fincastle, Junkanoo Museum and The National Bahamas Art Gallery are included in the price of the tour.
- Chocolate and rum samplings are included in the tour. Any other food or beverage purchases are at the guest's expense.
- This tour will operate in light rain.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 guests to operate.
- This tour can accommodate up to 15 guests.
- All guests must be proficient at riding a bicycle.
- The activity level is considered moderate.
- The minimum age to participate is 17 years old.
- The maximum weight to participate is 300 pounds.
- This tour is not available to those with limited mobility.
Days offered: 7 days a week