Private: Full Day Exploration Of CuriumExplore > Cyprus > Larnaca > Private: Full Day Exploration Of Curium
Travel to the ancient city-kingdom of Curium, Limassol, and Larnaca!
We'll take a morning drive soon arriving at the ancient city-kingdom Curium. Gladiator games were held in the large amphitheatre which sits 2000 spectators, therefore in the city there is "Palestra" or a training place for gladiators. The whole city has beautiful floor mosaics and they are mostly found in the house of Achileas and the private bath of the founder of the city.
Soon we'll reach the 15th century Kolossi Castle that's just a few miles outside the city of Limassol. Historically, the castle was important for sugar production, one of Cyprus' main exports in the Middle Ages. The original castle was most likely built in 1210 by Frankish military when the land of Kolossi was given by King Hugh I to the Knights of the Order of St John of Jerusalem. Once in Limassol you'll visit the old town.
On the return, drive through the vineyards and orchards of Phassouri plantation. Roll down the windows and feel the warm Mediterranean breeze on your face as you take in the gorgeous, native cypress trees. Before returning to the cruise pier, you'll have free time in Larnaca.
- Buses and guides are available at the dispatch site 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.
- Food and beverages are not included in the tour cost, though you will have time for a lunch stop.
- We suggest you wear comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses and hats are recommended.
- Kolossi Castle is an outside visit only.
- You must bring your passport on the tour.
Days offered: 7 days a week