Shoretrips Give...Key West Food PantryExplore > United States > Florida > Shoretrips Give...Key West Food Pantry
Take a little time out of your vacation to volunteer and meet some extraordinary locals.
Just a few hours of your time will immensely help those who have dedicated their lives to mediating food insecurity in the Key West area - and there is nothing more rewarding than getting to know these Florida locals.
Find a purpose to your vacation with a half day visit to Key West's Star of the Sea Food Pantry.
The Star of the Sea (SOS) Foundation helps the local community; distributing food through their county-wide network of food pantries, preparing meals for children and the elderly at their community kitchen, and promoting healthier eating through nutrition education and by providing healthier food to those in need.
Volunteers have become an important part of this operation which facilitates hunger relief efforts in Monroe County, Florida.
You will be lending a helping hand to a wonderful organization and after, you can soak up some sun on the beach.
- From the cruise pier, the taxi will take about 15-20 minutes each way and cost $25 each way.
- Closed-toe shoes and a hat are required. You may wear your own hat, or a hairnet will be provided.
- ShoreTrips GIVE was developed to connect travelers with ongoing volunteer projects in the Caribbean. To accomplish this, ShoreTrips has partnered with Hope Floats, a non-profit foundation, which has agreed to organize these activities and to provide a meet and greet representative. The fee to participate in a GIVE activity covers all administration costs; the fee is not tax deductible.
- No restrictions on number of participants.
- If you have more than 6 volunteers in your party, contact ShoreTrips for pricing.
- If you are between 10 and 17 years old you must be accompanied by an adult.
- This facility is closed Friday-Sunday.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday