Shoretrips Give...Key West Marine SanctuaryExplore > United States > Florida > Shoretrips Give...Key West Marine Sanctuary
Help conserve the natural beauty of the Florida Keys!
This is one of our favorite ShoreTrips Give excursions because you have the opportunity participate in a beach cleanup which combines some time in the sun, a chance to make a difference, and the ability to connect with locals and travelers!
People often visit Key West for its tropical beaches and crystal clear waters. As a community that depends on tourism, it's crucial to preserve this natural beauty for generations to come so locals and visitors alike may enjoy all that the Florida Keys has to offer. And this is where you come in!
Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary is one of 15 marine protected areas that make up the National Marine Sanctuary System. Administered by NOAA, a federal agency, and jointly managed with the State of Florida, Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary protects 2,900 square nautical miles of waters surrounding the Florida Keys.
Within the boundaries of the sanctuary lie spectacular, unique, and nationally significant marine resources including North America's only coral barrier reef, extensive seagrass beds, mangrove-fringed islands, and more than 6,000 species of marine life. The sanctuary also protects pieces of our nation’s history such as shipwrecks and other archaeological treasures.
Whether you're on the beach cleaning up trash or at the Eco-Discovery Center educating visitors, your time and energy is greatly appreciated by sanctuary staff and Key West locals and visitors!
- ShoreTrips GIVE was developed to connect travelers with ongoing volunteer projects in the Caribbean. To accomplish this, ShoreTrips has partnered with Hope Floats, a non-profit foundation, which has agreed to organize these activities and to provide a meet and greet representative. The fee to participate in a GIVE activity covers all administration costs; the fee is not tax deductible.
- No restrictions on number of participants.
- If you have more than 6 volunteers in your party, contact ShoreTrips for pricing.
- If you are between 10 and 17 years old you must be accompanied by an adult.
- This facility is closed Sunday.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday