A pleasant hike, combined with a magnificent sunset...and did we mention appetizers?
One of the great experiences of visiting Hawaii is viewing one of its unforgettable sunsets. From high atop a ridge at an elevation of 2,400 feet, you'll have the best seat on the island from which to enjoy nature's nightly spectacle.
Your tour begins with a drive through the uplands of Waianae, providing incredible views of some of Oahu's most famous sites, including Pearl Harbor, Honolulu, and Diamond Head. Arriving at your destination, a private piece of paradise, you'll begin your family-friendly hike on a lovely forest trail. And since this is private land, you can be assured of a quiet, tranquil experience.
As you hike, your naturalist guide will relate the history, legends, and culture of the island and the and cherished relationship between the people and the land.
The trail leads you to the ridge at Palehua, the perfect perch for sunset viewing. At an elevation of 2,400 feet, you'll have better than a bird's eye view of your tropical surroundings.
As you wait for the big event, relax and enjoy a delicious selection of chef's choice appetizers, including fresh fruits and vegetables.
Soon, the moment you've been waiting for arrives. As the sun begins its slow descent below the horizon, brilliant rays illuminate the surrounding hills and valleys, bringing every detail into soft focus and spreading vibrant yellows, oranges, and reds across the sky. The magic of this moment never ceases to amaze.
Your guide will have a lantern to provide light for the walk back through the forest at twilight.
- Only cruise ship passengers whose ships stay overnight in Oahu are in port long enough to take this tour. Cruise ship passengers will need to take a taxi ride of up to 45 minutes (during rush hour), costing approximately $50 (up to $80 during rush hour) per taxi for up to 4 people to the meeting point of this tour. Specific instructions will appear on your voucher. GUESTS WILL BE DROPPED OFF AT THE CRUISE PIER AT THE END OF THE TOUR.
- Pickups from certain Kapolei hotels are included in this tour. If you are not staying at one of the pickup locations, you will need to find your own way to one of the meeting locations. A specific pickup or meeting location will be assigned upon confirmation and will appear on your voucher. GUESTS WILL BE DROPPED OFF AT THEIR HOTEL AT THE END OF THE TOUR.
- Hotel guests staying in Waikiki hotels will need to take a taxi ride of up to 45 minutes (during rush hour), costing approximately $50 (up to $80 during rush hour) per taxi for up to 4 people to the meeting point of this tour. Specific instructions will appear on your voucher. GUESTS WILL BE DROPPED OFF AT THEIR HOTEL AT THE END OF THE TOUR.
- This tour involves an easy to moderate hike that involves walking up and down stairs, short climbs and walking over muddy, or slippery terrain.
- Please wear close-toed comfortable walking shoes and bring a light jacket or sweatshirt.
- Daypacks, walking staffs, water, sunblock, and insect repellent will be provided.
- The tour company provides pickups at select hotels. If you are not staying at one of these hotels, we will recommend the closest location for pickup. In that case, you will need to find your own transportation to the pickup site. Specific information will be included on your voucher.
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 guests to operate.
- This tour can accommodate a maximum of 12 guests.
- This tour is not available for those with limited mobility.
- Guests must be able to walk up and down stairs, over uneven, muddy, or slippery terrain and make short climbs.
- For those in your group who prefer not to do the entire walk, a shorter version is available for guests to sit out part of the walk and still enjoy the appetizers and sunset together.
- This tour is not recommended for those with back or neck problems or for pregnant women.
- Sunset views will vary with the weather.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday