Horseback Riding Through A National ForestExplore > Puerto Rico > Horseback Riding Through A National Forest
Explore Puerto Rico's stunning natural landscape by horseback!
One of the only tropical rainforests in the national forest system, El Yunque spans 29,000 acres, one of the smallest in size, yet one of the most biologically diverse national forests boasting hundreds of animal and plant species, some of which are found only here.
Experience incredible views of El Yunque National Forest and see the stunning flora and fauna of this unique ecosystem by horseback! New to riding? No worries!
Our expert guides will give you a lesson in horseback riding, including safety rules and regulations, before your departure. Local staff will also determine the appropriate horse for you in accordance with weight, height, and experience to ensure that your experience is seamless.
You'll begin your adventure from a private hacienda situated at the foothills of El Yunque National Forest. Your extraordinary horseback ride with a guide will take you deep into the forest, passing towering trees and tropical flowers.
You'll also ride alongside Mameyes River, one of the purest water sources in Puerto Rico as it's fed by the surrounding rainforest. You'll get a chance to take a relaxing dip into the blue water or enjoy a stroll before making your way back to the hacienda.
- Guest should have breakfast or lunch prior to arriving at the tour.
- The drive to the location of the horseback ride is about 45 minutes each way. The horseback ride is about 2 hours in duration.
- We recommend bringing a camera, bathing suit and sunscreen.
- We recommend wearing closed-toed shoes, like sneakers or boots, and long pants.
- Tour requires a minimum of 2 participants.
- Maximum capacity of the van is 14 passengers.
- 250-pound weight limit for riders.
- Minimum age to participate is 3 years old.
- Guests under 18 must be accompanied by someone 18 or older.
- Tour is not suitable for pregnant persons.
Days offered: 7 days a week