Rainforest Canopy Zip Line AdventureExplore > Costa Rica > Puntarenas > Rainforest Canopy Zip Line Adventure
Fly through the treetops with the greatest of ease.
This combination of nature and adrenaline will make for an unforgettable memory of Costa Rica!
This invigorating tour begins with a ride through the countryside in a comfortable, air-conditioned minibus. Along the way, your guide will point out highlights, including many plantations found in this lush setting. Mango, sugar and many citrus fruits come from Costa Rica and you will see rural communities and fruit stands interspersed with the scenery.
About an hour's drive from the city, your destination is a private adventure park, set up for fun, safety and excitement. Comfortable facilities and stunning views of the Pacific Coast, Carara National Park and the city of Puntarenas will get you started on the right foot.
The excitement builds as you and your fellow zippers climb into a modified open truck to be transferred to the top of the mountain. From here, let the zipping begin! You'll soar along 12 cables and navigate 3 hanging bridges through treetops and over rivers from 15 platforms. The longest run is 1,200 feet of pure exhilaration and the highest point is a thrilling 100 feet. Go ahead, give us your best Tarzan yell!
Back at the adventure park, you'll find a snack of well-earned refreshing, delicious, tropical fruit waiting for you.
After boarding the mini-bus again, it's just a short ride to the Tarcoles River Bridge. Keep your camera handy because you're likely to spot huge American crocodiles, (often as many as 20 or more), aquatic birds, Scarlet Macaws, howler monkeys, and other amazing creatures.
Moving on, there will be a short stop for shopping in case you'd like to purchase a special souvenir to remind you of your day in Costa Rica.
Back in town, you have the option of spending some time strolling along Paseo de los Turistas, a tree-lined promenade adjacent to the beach or returning to the cruise pier or. If you stay in town, you'll make your own way back to the pier, just a short walk away.
- Wear shorts or jeans, t-shirt, shoes, sunglasses, a hat, and insect repellent.
- Please note that in Costa Rica there is some confusion about ship time vs. local time. Please see the purser on your ship to clarify whether your ship changes its time to local time so you don't miss your excursion. As each ship is ruled by its captain, it is your responsibility to confirm this while you are sailing.
- The minimum age for this tour is 7 years old.
- You must be in good physical condition to participate in this activity.
- Pregnant women and those with heart or back problems or epilepsy are not allowed to participate in this activity.
- This tour does not operate on Christmas Day.
Days offered: 7 days a week