Private: Discover Gdansk Walking TourExplore > Poland > Gdansk > Private: Discover Gdansk Walking Tour
Discover the "City of Solidarity" and hear it's rich history.
Gdansk is a city that will surprise you and leave you inspired. With a unique history, this city is unlike any other in Poland. A rich juxtaposition of medieval heritage and modern European charm will be revealed as you explore this city.
Your exploration of Poland's largest port city begins with a stroll along the streets of Old Town, where your knowledgeable, English-speaking licensed guide will introduce you to the medieval history found here, as well as both German and Slavic influences that remain today.
Walk the cobbled streets of Old Gdansk and discover the Golden Gate, Main Town Hall, Artus Court, and much more. You'll pass by the former residence of the Polish Monarchs, see the Golden House, and Green Gate and stop to see Neptune's Fountain. One look and you'll understand why this beautiful sculpture dating from the 1600s is one of the city's most photographed sites. You'll also walk down St. Mary's Street, leading to St. Mary's Basilica, the largest brick church in the world.
You'll see the outside of the Museum of Amber, a 15th-century building which formerly held a prison and torture chamber. We think you'll agree its new purpose of showcasing amber, the fossilized tree resin for which Poland is famous, is a much lovelier use of the space.
Often referred to as the "City of Solidarity," Gdansk was at the forefront of resistance to Soviet communism. Before embarking on a walking tour of the old town, we will stop at the "Solidarity Monument," which commemorates the death of 28 shipyard workers who were shot by the Communist regime in December 1970. Today, this monument also symbolizes the power of the Polish people who helped to reform Poland post-Soviet control.
Don't forget your camera. The scenery here is some of the best in all of Europe!
- Cruise ship passengers will need to take a taxi to/from the starting/ending point of the tour. The ride takes about 15 minutes and costs approximately 10EUR. Specific instructions will be included on your voucher.
- Hotel guests will need to find their own transportation to/from the starting/ending point of the tour. Specific instructions will be included on your voucher.
- This tour involves quite a bit of walking on cobblestone streets. Please wear comfortable shoes.
- Admission fees, food, beverages, and other purchases are not included in the cost of this tour.
- This walking tour takes place in Gdansk's Old Town with uneven cobblestone streets. This tour is not recommended for those with limited mobility.
- If you'd like a different departure time, please contact ShoreTrips.
Days offered: 7 days a week