The perfect day on the west side of Tokyo!
Wow! We loved this city. The perfect way to see Tokyo is with a great guide but using public transportation. It is so efficient.
What better way to get acclimated to a city than going directly to its heart the moment you arrive? Forget the formalities. Put away your cold feet. Dive into Tokyo head first! Your experienced guide will get you quickly acclimated as you venture into Tokyo's famous Shinjuku district. With the busiest train station in the world and Tokyo's government hub, you will get a taste of life in Japan's city that never sleeps.
Your options of sites to see in Shinjuku are endless. Tokyo's Metropolitan Government Building is at the center of a forest of skyscrapers and provides the best views of the city from the easily- accessed observation rooms. Continuing through the city, make your way to the Kabuki-cho, a center for luxury and gratification. This incredible labyrinth of clubs, bars, cabarets, and ethnic restaurants will have your eyes darting in every direction. If you need a break from the neon lights and city streets, the Shinjuku Gyoen isn't too far away. This large garden-park offers horticulture from Japan, France, and England with an opportunity to relax at a traditional teahouse. Tokyo's mini-Manhattan will capture all of your senses!
A stop at the Meiji shrine provides the perfect opportunity to explore the many cultural traditions of Tokyo. Much more than just a shrine, the grounds and courtyards throughout this area play host to events ranging from musical performances to traditional, yet visually stunning, weddings. Keep your eye out for the Second Torii gate and head towards the Inner Garden. Taking up 83,000 square meters and full of purple, pink, and white irises, you can't help but feel a sense of ease come over you. Before your time at the shrine is done, make sure to make a wish on a Ema or Votive Tablet for the ever-present spirits to review.
Visiting Harajuku will then take you to the world-famous modern fashion district of Japan. Accessed by crossing the Jingu Bridge that connects Harajuku with the Meiji shrine, this hotbed for forward-thinking fashion will have you rethinking your wardrobe for better or worse. You won't want to miss the "Spiral" building, which many consider a masterpiece, by architect Fumihiko Marki. Combining visual arts, theater, restaurants, art, and fashion the curving ramp throughout the structure sets the perfect ambience. A day in Tokyo's West Side well spent!
- The cost of lunch is included in the price of this tour.
- Most entrance fees vary depending on the current exhibitions. These are not included in the tour cost and your guide will help you make decisions during your tour.
- This tour is done using a private vehicle transfer from Yokohama to Tokyo. Once in Tokyo, you will use public transportation. All public transportation costs are included in the cost of the tour. You will not be able to leave any belongings in the vehicle during your tour.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- We will do our best to confirm the tour at the standard pricing, however there may be a surcharge on holidays and from the end of December to the New Year.
- The cancellation policy on this tour is outside of the normal ShoreTrips Terms of Service. The tour is non refundable 18 days prior to the tour date. If your ship does not make port, this tour will be non-refundable. Please take out travel insurance to cover this rare occurrence. This tour will NOT be refundable in cases in which conditions make it impossible for the ship to dock and disembark passengers in a timely manner. In case of extreme delay of ship’s arrival or immigration, the tour may have to be shortened.
- Due to the extreme costs of hospitalization and medical services in Japan, we strongly recommend purchasing independent travel insurance that will cover you for injuries or illness while in Japan.
Days offered: 7 days a week