Newcastle Brews And Bites Food Pairing TourExplore > Australia > New Castle > Newcastle Brews And Bites Food Pairing Tour
Great beer, great food, great venues..the perfect lunch-time tour.
Leave it to the experts to enhance your beer experience with the addition of food pairings. Each food is chosen to complement and highlight the nuances and distinctiveness of each frothy glass of goodness.
Who knew Newcastle had so many fantastic breweries and restaurants in close proximity to one another? All 4 of your stops are located within about a mile of each other, making it that much easier to go with the (beer) flow.
First up is the Grainstore, housed in a beautifully restored warehouse. The Art-Deco tile and timber flooring provide the ideal atmosphere for savoring their chili wings with blue cheese sauce accompanied by the perfectly matched craft beer.
The tour continues at the Lucky Hotel, but we think you're the lucky one to visit this lovingly restored architectural treasure from the 1800's. A delightful, eclectic mix of antique and contemporary design has brought new energy to this iconic Newcastle hotel. Here you'll be treated to 3 local beers along with a tasting platter of wings and a slider, the perfect complement to any pale ale, wheat or IPA selection.
A tour of Foghorn Brewhouse is next on the itinerary. And if you still have some luck left from the Lucky Hotel, your tour might be conducted by the legendary head brewmaster and co-owner. If not, tastings of 4 of their distinctive, expertly-brewed beers will bring forgiveness.
Last, but certainly not least, you'll find the dedicated, knowledgeable staff at Wil & Sons are experts at complementing each brew with just the right food. Whether the menu choices are arancini balls (deep-fried rice balls with a variety of stuffings, yum) or duck spring rolls, you'll discover the difference the right pairings of food and beer make to your enjoyment of both.
- You will need to find your own way to the meeting location. From the Carrington cruise ship pier, it is a 10-15 minute taxi ride and costs approximately $10-15. From Queen's Wharf (Newcastle Ferry Terminal), you can walk (approximately .5 miles ) or take a taxi. Specific instructions will appear on your voucher.
- The total distance walked during this tour is approximately 1 mile. Please wear comfortable shoes.
- Come hungry. You'll receive more than enough food to be considered lunch.
- This tour requires a minimum of 4 passengers.
- There is a maximum of 15 passengers per departure.
- You must be 18 years old with a valid ID to participate in this tour.
- This tour is not available on December 25th, December 31st or January 1st.
- This tour is NOT able to accommodate food allergies or dietary restrictions.
*SOMETIMES THINGS CHANGE – Because our pub tours are truly behind the scenes experiences sometimes our plans need to change to accommodate a venue's operations. And sometimes we just know about beer goings-on around town that are worth checking out, so we may change some parts of them. While these changes are rare, we do reserve the right to make them.
Days offered: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday