Historic Naples Food And Market TourExplore > Italy > Naples > Historic Naples Food And Market Tour
Delight your taste buds like a local in Old Napoli!
Explore one of Italy's most bustling and colorful cities the best way we know how - through your stomach! On this tour, you'll roam the streets of Naples' most vibrant neighborhoods and visit areas unbeknownst to most travelers. Brimming with local eateries, one of your first stops will be in the Spanish Quarter - the birthplace of dishes once prepared only for Italian nobility and now enjoyed by all locals.
You will taste the best street foods in Naples including deep-fried pasta, and devour traditional desserts like the sfogliatella - a flaky pastry filled with a melt-in-your-mouth ricotta custard. And what visit to Naples would be complete without Neapolitan pizza? Try this Italian staple in the city of its birthplace while you learn about the origins of these Italian favorites. And this tour doesn't stop at the heavenly fare. Food is a cornerstone of Italian history because it's what brings people together. You'll talk with local vendors about their work to gain an understanding of just how deeply rooted Naples is in their food culture. And you'll feel this sense of community firsthand as you meet new friends, both local and global, over the delicious tastes of Naples.
After you experience Naples' local food and drink scene through their winding streets, you will traverse one of the largest open-air markets in Italy. The Pignasecca food market is situated among breathtaking architectural landmarks that will transport you back hundreds of years to the Italian renaissance. Here you will discover even more local favorites and taste delectable Italian cheeses paired with fine wine. You'll end the tour with a robust yet smooth coffee and another sweet treat while your guide gives you their tips and tricks to the best spots in Naples.
As the Italians say, buon appetito!
- This is a walking tour, with some uneven pavement. Wear comfortable shoes.
- This tour operates regardless of weather. Bring an umbrella or raincoat if rain is in the forecast.
- Transportation to and from the meeting location is not included. The meeting point is about 10 minutes walking from the cruise pier, or a short taxi. Specific instructions will appear on your voucher.
- Maximum 12 participants per departure.
- Please alert ShoreTrips in advance of any dietary restrictions or food allergies. We will do our best to accommodate.
- The order of the sites visited may vary.
Days offered: 7 days a week