Explore one of the most historically rich towns off the Baltic Sea!
Strolling through the streets of Lübeck is like taking a walk through Europe's fervent renaissance period with gothic, baroque and neo-classical buildings towering over cobblestone lanes. More than 1,000 years of history are teeming through this UNESCO World Heritage site as it led the largest boom of trade in the Baltic Sea; a momentous achievement you'll feel when you talk to local merchants.
Your journey begins from the port of Kiel. About 90 minutes south of Kiel sits the historic town of Lübeck. The drive to Lübeck is the perfect distance to relax as you admire the series of quaint German towns passing by. Once in Lübeck, you will connect with a licensed guide for two hours. Together you will visit a number of exceptional landmarks like the iconic Holsten Gate, the old salt storehouses, St. Peter's Church, the town hall overlooking the city's market, St. Mary's Church and other culturally rich sites.
Lübeck awards adventurous souls. Around each narrow, winding corner, there's something new to discover. With so many nooks and cranny's, this town has a seemingly endless amount to explore. After your guided tour, you'll have at least one hour of free time to visit what interests you most. Or grab lunch and wander around the endless collection of local shops.
- Food and beverages are not included in tour cost.
- Entrance fees are not included in tour cost.
- US dollars are not accepted in Germany. We recommend bring euro for bathroom stops, lunch, and entrance fees.
- Per request, your tour guide can arrange a stop at an ATM if you do not have euro with you.
- Total drive time to Lübeck is 3 hours (about 90 minutes each way).
- Dress comfortably and wear good walking shoes.
- Depending on your pace and conditions of the day, you may not see everything listed in the itinerary. Your guide will make suggestions based on your preferences.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 participants to operate and can accommodate a maximum of 6 passengers.
Days offered: 7 days a week