A custom experience in the heart of Hamburg!
Hamburg or as we like to refer to it, Venice of the North, boasts dozens of canals and bridges amidst an array of stunning architectural gems reminiscent of northeastern Italy. Although that's where the comparisons end. With its rich history and eye-catching buildings, Hamburg well exceeds the hype. And you'll find out why. After World War II, the city was forced to rebuild and reinvent. The outcome? A stunning mix of old and new architecture that effortlessly blends together to create the hip and historic essence of Hamburg.
You will begin your journey with a relaxing drive to the city of Hamburg, passing Germany's beautiful landscape on the way. Once in the heart of Hamburg, you will connect with a licensed guide for two hours. Together you will admire exceptional landmarks like the Town Hall, St. Nikolai Church (still a burnt out shell from allied bombings in World War II), and Trost Bridge.
You'll also visit one of the world's masterpieces of human creations, the Speicherstadt and Chilehaus - two UNESCO World Heritage sites exhibiting some of the most captivating gothic revival architecture in Europe.
This city isn't your traditional tourist destination. With its rich character, you'll be able to explore vibrant neighborhoods and meet locals making your experience deeply personal. And there's plenty of time to do that. After your guided tour, you'll have two hours of free time to explore parts of the city that interest you as well as grab a bite to eat and visit area shops.
- Food and beverages are not included in tour cost.
- Entrance fees are not included in tour cost.
- US dollars are not accepted in Germany. We recommend bring Euro for bathroom stops, lunch, and entrance fees. Per request, your tour guide can arrange a stop at an ATM if you do not have euro with you.
- Total drive time to Hamburg from Kiel is 4 hours (approximately 2 hours each way). Your driver will speak basic English. He/she will not be able to enter sites with you.
- You will have approximately 4 hours in Hamburg (2 hours with a licensed guide and 2 hours on your own).
- Dress comfortably and wear good walking shoes.
- Depending on your pace and conditions of the day, you may not see everything listed in the itinerary. Your guide will make suggestions based on your preferences.
Days offered: 7 days a week