Escape the crowds on this relaxing hike through the Alaskan rainforest!
Get away from the crowd and explore the serene nature surrounding Ketchikan.
We'll begin our day with a short 30 minute drive out of Ketchikan. Once we're out of the city, we'll take a two mile round-trip hike along a gravel trail through the stunning Alaskan rainforest. As we trek, we'll admire the different wildlife and vegetation native to the area. The first mile winds us downhill through a forest filled with Western Red Cedar, Sitka Spruce, and Hemlock trees, eventually leading us to a sprawling, undeveloped, rural beach only reached by foot or boat.
At the beach, we'll comb the surroundings for various wildlife such as waterfowl and eagles, and if we're lucky we'll spot deer, seals, sea lions, martens, or whales. Our guide is trained in tai chi, so if you're interested, join in a lesson. If tai chi doesn't interest you, continue to explore the secluded beach and take in the gorgeous surroundings.
After we finish exploring the black rock beach, we'll hike back to our starting location.
- Transportation is included in the price of this tour. Please note that the distance to the hiking location is approximately 30 minutes by vehicle.
- This tour runs rain or shine. We recommend you dress in layers and wear a pair of hiking boots or sturdy tennis shoes.
- Tour time will be assigned upon confirmation and will work with your time in port. During check out we will ask if you have other activities booked.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please note that because this is a remote hike, there are no bathroom facilities available.
- The maximum group size is 7 passengers.
- We recommend that participants should be able to handle a crushed-rock trail with uneven surfaces and somewhat steep, though brief, descents and ascents, sometimes with stairs and sometimes without.
Days offered: 7 days a week